We just opened up additional tickets, as more than 500 of you have already signed up - Thank you!
We’re gathering our favorite handmade food makers and several cookbook authors for a Holiday Local Market on Saturday, December 10, 2011. The event will take place from 11am-5pm at Made in Fort Point, a huge gallery space at 12 Farnsworth Street (next to Flour Bakery) in Boston’s Fort Point neighborhood.
The holidays are meant for giving, and we’ll have the perfect food gifts for everyone on your list. At this market, you’ll be able to:
- Meet local handmade food makers and cookbook authors
- Taste their delicious sweet and savory treats
- Shop for gifts for your friends, family and yourself, which we’ll also wrap for you!
This market will be set up less like a farmer’s market and more like an afternoon open house where you can mix and mingle with your favorite food makers and hear the stories behind the food. There will be a large gift wrapping area where we’ll box and wrap any items you plan to give as gifts.
We're pleased to host the following food makers:
- Suss Sweets, Nashua, New Hampshire
- Nella Pasta, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
- The Salty Road, Brooklyn, New York
- Fat Toad Caramel, Brookfield, Vermont
- Lark Find Foods, Essex, Massachusetts
- New Harvest Coffee, Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- Blue Egg Baking Company, Newburyport, Massachusetts
- Farnum Hill Cider, Lebanon, New Hampshire
- The Stand, Brooklyn, New York
- Yummy Mummy, Southborough, Massachusetts
- Q’s Nuts, Somerville, Massachusetts
- 7ate9 Bakery, Massachusetts
- Chococoa Baking, Newburyport, Massachusetts
- Privateer Rum, Ipswich, Massachusetts
- Minnie's Mandelbrot, Massachusetts
We’re also delighted to host:
- Island Creek Oysters, who will be sampling fresh-shucked oysters from 12-4pm. They’ll also be taking orders for delivery!
And, we’ll host the following cookbook authors:
- Judy Rosenberg, the founder of Boston’s five Rosie’s Bakeries and author of many cookbooks, including her latest The Rosie’s Bakery All-Butter, Cream-Filled, Sugar-Packed Baking Book (appearing from 11am-12pm)
- Erin Byers Murray, the author of Shucked: Life on a New England Oyster Farm (appearing from 12-1pm)
- Béatrice Peltre, food writer, stylist and photographer of the blog La Tartine Gourmand and her new book La Tartine Gourmande: Recipes for an Inspired Life (appearing from 1-3pm)
For more information on this market, please visit Eat Boutique.
When & Where
Eat Boutique is the go-to resource for all things food gifts, including one-of-a-kind, small-batch products and inspirational article. The online shop features food gifts and story-driven recipes for everyday cravings, special occasions, and for anyone who needs a little food gift love—and, really, who doesn’t?!