About the candle making class :
If you ever wanted to learn how to make a variety of easy and fun smelling candles this class is for you!. Come out and try a new hobby or get started in candle making to start a lucurative candle making business or just have fun creating with new friends and family!
In this fun filled class we will be going over the basic supplies needed to get started in candle making and cover everything you need to know about the various waxes used for different types of candles,various additives, melting techniques/safety, candle coloring, molds, wicks, and adding fragrances to make beautiful smelling candles to give as gifts or enjoy in your home. After covering the basics, you will then apply what you learned in the hands-on segment of the class to make your very own creation of candles. You will leave class with tangable candles ready to use for yourself or give away as gifts and also receive a helpful instructions handout from everything learned in the class so you can go home and start making candles after you leave class.
Each student will make and take home:
- 1 container candle
- 2 votives candles
- 2 different scented wax bars (used to melt in an electric warmer)
- 1 class instruction handout
What to bring: Nothing but yourself, but do dress comfortable
PLEASE READ all workshop/class policies before purchasing.
WORKSHOP/CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY:
WALK-INS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED IF CLASS IS NOT FULL TO CAPACITY (SORRY NO EXCEPTIONS!): TO AVOID MAKING A WASTED TRIP TO A CLASS PLEASE CALL AT LEAST 3 HOURS BEFORE CLASS START TO GET CONFIRMATION.
No Refunds: All payments are non-refundable (i.e., we do not offer refunds). If you cannot attend a class that you have committed to, please refer to the options below.
• Rescheduling Option: If you sign up for a class and need to change the date for any reason, there is a $15 change fee for the work that goes into moving the information, reconfirming, and attempting to fill your space. This option is good as long as you call Tues - Sat from 11:30AM - 5:30PM CENTRAL (412)378-6896 EMAIL: email@example.com, or stop by IT's SOAP!! studio 2211 Seminole Drive, 2nd Floor Suite #266 on Friday - Saturday with at least 7 DAYS NOTICE, but please try to give as much advance notice as possible.
• No Credits/Refunds for No Shows: If you sign up for a workshop/class & do not call or show up FOR ANY REASON (you got the date/time wrong, car broke down, you are sick, had to work late, etc.) the entire class fee is NON-REFUNDABLE, nontransferable, and no future credit will be given -NO EXCEPTIONS!!
•Class/Workshop Cancellations/ inclimate weather): If class needs to be cancelled you will be contacted using the phone number and/or e-mail address that you gave when signing up. You will have the option to pick a date from an already scheduled class if the rescheduled date doesn't work for you.
AGE REQUIREMENT: Most of the workshops/classes offered are for adults but if you feel that your child is mature enough to attend a class with or without you, please discuss it with me before signing up (as some workshops/classes are better for young people than others).
WHAT TO BRING: Included in your materials fee is just about everything you need - simply show up and I'll do the rest! In rare cases where I want you to bring something, that will be indicated in the workshop/class description and also in the e-mail confirmation that I send you. Please be sure to provide your correct contact information, phone number(s) and e-mail address, when signing up. *ONLY BRING PAID PARTICIPANTS TO THE CLASS/ WORKSHOPS* do not show up for the class/workshop with any additional people (that includes husbands, girl/boyfriends, babies, small children and pets). Unexpected guests often cause distractions that are not appreciated by paying customers. Thank-You! In advance.
- PLEASE BE ON TIME! Workshops/Classes will begin promptly as there are other events/classes scheduled shortly after and to respect the students who are on time. (If you are late and you miss part of the workshop/class you will have to refer to your handout/instructions)
- Please dress in very comfortable clothing (making soap is FUN but can also get very messy)
- Please turn off all cell phones or put them on vibrate during workshops/classes
- Any photos that you wish to take must be as unobtrusive as possible. You can only take photos of yourself/group, but you can ask other students for their permission to take photos of them or their work.
- Please ask questions if there is something you don't understand or just want to know..I love to answer them.
- SMILE, and HAVE FUN while making Soap/Bath products! :)
I ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS FOR MYSELF (FOR PARENTS: I GIVE CONCENT FOR MY CHILD OR CHILDREN UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE) TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS ACTIVITY OR EVENT, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous products, materials, or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault.
*BY PURCHASING A TICKET ONLINE OR BY PAYPAL INVOICE YOU ARE STATING YOU AGREE WITH OUR CLASS/WORKSHOP POLICY .
Save This Event
When & Where
IT's SOAP!! 2nd FL suite 266 at The Flying Monkey Art at Lowe Mill Entertainment
2211 Seminole Drive Southwest
My Name is Tracy Singleton I'm an entrepreneur and soap instructor. I have taught myself the craft of soap artisan through years of research, demonstration, trial and error. I have a B.A. degree in Education and have business and marketing experience.
In 2012 I opened up my very own soap boutique and soap school called formally called T-n-T Treasures, now known as IT's SOAP! BATH & BODY. I sell all of my handmade natural soaps using traditional methods and finest quality ingredients. All of my recipes are my own creations and are inspired by the wonderful simple ingredients that's available around the kitchen and from mother nature's garden.
I am living out my dreams doing what I love to do and that is to create with my hands something beautiful and teach to the world. :)