STEAM! What is it? Why is it important?
How can STEAM learning engage and inspire our youngest learners?
By establishing a strong focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) skills, and integrating these content area skills with foundational Arts experiences, teachers can ensure all students have opportunities to problem solve, create and achieve!
Every teacher who attends this conference
will bring back dozens of creative STEAM learning ideas
to their students and colleagues!
TEACHER STEAMERS will:
- Participate in hands-on experiences during workshop sessions and discussions focused on distinct STEAM strands while exploring tools and techniques to build student knowledge and skills.
- Discover ideas and strategies for cultivating STEAM thinking skills and ways to apply these skills.
- Experiment with a range of engineering materials that could be used in classroom scenarios that connect with other curricular areas.
- Learn about developmentally appropriate technology tools for K-2 learners and ways to incorporate them into instruction.
- Receive a Teacher’s Guide containing materials, projects and online resources to bring back into the classroom.
Visit the Conference website for more details.
When & Where
School for Global Education & Innovation
The SGEI provides ongoing professional learning opportunities for teachers and administrators that support physical, online, virtual and remote 21st century learning environments and enable practitioners to engage in collaborative work, collegial inquiry, reflective practice and constant innovation in both local and global contexts.