Join the DynoChem training team for two days of hands-on training, using DynoChem to accelerate process development and scale-up projects.
Training will address DynoChem applications for engineers and scientists in involved in tech transfer, troubleshooting and optimisation of Active Ingredient reaction, workup and isolation steps. The agenda will cover topics such as:
- Obtaining physical property values for solvents and mixtures
- Phase equilibrium calculations for boiling point, identifying azeotropes and miscibility
- Reactor calculations for heat transfer and mixing
- Optimising batch distillation / solvent switch operations
- Scale-up of filtration and centrifugation steps
- Basics of DynoChem modelling applicable to reactions, crystallization and other operations
- Interact with the DynoChem support team when starting new projects.
What recent trainees liked best:
- "There was loads of discussion and interaction, this is a great way to learn."
- "Freedom to discuss any element of process engineering."
- "Excellent training course, very relevant and pitched at just the right level."
- "This was my first time using DynoChem but I can immediately see ways in which I can use it."
Training times will be from 9:0 to 4:30 each day, with 6 hours of tuition. You will need a laptop computer with DynoChem installed and a wireless network capability. We will provide a temporary license of DynoChem for the duration of the training and the following week.
By the end of the course, trainees will be able to:
- Draw and understand 'process schemes' and use them to help think about how to model or design lab experiments to understand a new or existing process
- Use DynoChem utilities to estimate parameter values, compare vessels and ensure minimum agitation criteria are met in lab and plant vessels
- Use plant data to back out equipment characteristics, especially heat transfer
- Simulate solid-liquid separation operations based on standard lab experiments
- Look up physical properties for pure components and mixtures
- Simulate solvent swap / displacement / chasing operations to optimize solvent volumes and cycle time
- Generate response surfaces to study process robustness and determine design space for QbD submissions
- Understand more about how DynoChem works internally and how it builds the model from user input
- Explore other applications and reuse learned skills to tackle other unit operations or create new templates.
The registration fee includes attendance for both days of training, all training materials, coffee breaks and lunch on both days. Hotel accommodation is not included.
Local hotels include: Barcelona Airport Hotel.
Refund / cancellation policy:
1. Substitutions can be made at any time before the training.
2. For cancellations made in writing up to one week before the training, a full refund will be made, less a financial charge of €100.
3. No refunds can be given for cancellations less than one week before the event.
4. Registration is open to DynoChem customers and prospective customers from industry, academia and government.