#DUXcamp at NPR
Saturday, October 22, 2011 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
ATTN: We're completely sold out! Thanks and see you next year. The DUXcamp Team
Technology and media are colliding. This nexus provides near limitless possibilities for exploring unique experiences for our audiences. With increased information velocity and new platforms emerging constantly, we must communicate effectively. Discover what the further evolution of storytelling looks like with NPR at #DUXcamp.
For more information and updates, see our Tumblr page.
We will be focusing on three general topics:
- Social media and its impact on storytelling
- Current and emerging platforms: Same story, different format
- What do we see as the next frontier in storytelling?
- Reader/user engagement -- How do we keep people involved?
- Portability/reusability: How to build something once and make it work everywhere
- Data visualization
- Flash, HTML5 and different frameworks
- How do we work collaboratively with editorial?
- Development methodologies: scrum, waterfall, something else?
- Emerging platforms and the roles of Design and UX
- How do we carry look, feel and brand across platforms?
- Exploring alternative designs
DUXcamp is based on the unconference barcamp format. It is an open, participatory workshop-event, whose content is provided by its participants.
Reservations for the Event will be made by individual attendees directly with Marriott reservations at 1 (800) 468-3571 or 1 (202) 898-9000. To receive the DUXcamp rate reservations by attendees must be received on or before Friday, September 30, 2011. To reserve online, click here.