Join us for our marathon and half marathon training group!
The Duluth Running Co. Marathon and Half Marathon training group includes:
- Custom Training plans for both Grandma's Marathon and Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon.
- Supported group runs three days a week (includes free water/gel aid stations on long runs)
- Coaching from Duluth Running Co. staff members Tony Stensland (Head Coach) and Clint Agar (Assistant Coach).
- Speaker Clinics at Duluth Running Company on topics such as: running form, injury prevention, race day nutrition, etc.
- A members only group blog.
- Training Tech-T Shirt
- 10% discount at Duluth Running Co. (Feb. 16th - race day of Grandma's Marathon)
- Monthly dinner get-togethers (Paid on your own).
The Duluth Running Co. marathon/half marathon training program is designed for early summer half and full marathons, specifically Grandma's events. The program involves group runs 3 days a week. Group runs are Tuesday's and Thursday's at 5:30pm and Saturday's at 8am (moves to 7am in April). Most weekday runs start at Duluth Running Co. Long runs are done mostly along the North Shore.
This is a very fun social group where you can meet and run with lots of people of varying speeds. Everyone starts together for group runs. Small groups form organically during runs. We are expecting over 125 people to participate in the training program!
You get to choose your own training program. There are three options for both the half and full programs: Low Mileage, Moderate Mileage, and High Mileage. Each program is based on the max weekly mileage that you want to run. On group run day's half marathoners and full marathoners will run the same distance as their respective group. On non group run days extra mileage will be given to those who have registered for the intermediate and advanced programs.
The DRC marathon training group is open to runners of all abilities. You should however be prepared to walk-run at least 4 miles before the start of the half marathon training program. The program starts out with short and easy 3 to 4 mile runs in the beginning of the base building period. We work our way up in mileage before doing specific workouts.
Registration Fee: $75.00