San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Paddle House presents, Commando Kayaking with Dubside Greenland Rolling and Paddling, Miami, Florida
Greenland paddling at its finest with World renown Dubside. Join the Greenland Ropes and Rolling Guru on the beach for a series of workshops and demonstrations.
Dubside -- Greenland Kayaking Skills Guest Instructor
Dubside is known internationally as an authority on Greenland rolling and rope gymnastics. He has appeared in Justine Curgenven’s "This is the Sea Four", Bryan Smith’s "Pacific Horizons", and magazine articles in "Sea Kayaker", "Canoe and Kayak", "Paddler", and "Adventure Kayak". He has his own series of instructional DVD’s. Dubside does presentations, demonstrations, and instructional classes for symposiums, clubs, and outfitters throughout North America and Europe. He is also an enthusiastic advocate of using folding kayaks to go kayaking via public transportation, which he calls “commando kayaking”. Watching, listening to, and learning from Dubside will get you excited about kayaking in general and using Greenland style paddles in particular.
Friday, May 3rd , 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Welcome Reception at Shake-A-Leg Miami
May 4 & 5, 2013
Introduction to Greenland Paddling Techniques
Beginning Greenland Rolling Advance Greenland Techniques
Advance Greenland Rolling Ropes Gymnastics Demo
Slack Lines, Kayak and Paddle Demos
$99 per person, per class if paid by April 26th
$125 per person, per class, after April 26th
Private/Semi-Private Instructions available by appointment $150 per hour
Class sizes are limited
Contact The Paddle House for Reservations
firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 786.307.3816
Assisted by ACA Certified and Greenland Instructors Wayne Albert and Rachel Parker
Have you had a good
2753 SW 27th Avenue, Miami, Florida
Satisfying all of your paddling needs!
Sales - Rentals - Instruction - Repairs
More about Dubside, the man, the myth, the legend : ) He's really cool!
From The Dash Point Pirate, Everything I Know About Dubside
I often run into people who ask me, “Who is Dubside?” It is common knowledge that Dubside's skills at competition rolling are among the best in the U.S. and his knowledge and talent for Greenland rope gymnatics are unsurpassed anywhere outside of Greenland. But did you know these fun facts about Dubside?
- Dubside’s first paddling job was as a guide at the Davy Crockett Explorer Canoe ride in Disneyland.
- Scientist calculate that based on the average growth rate of human hair, it would take most people at least 11 years to grow their hair as long as Dubside’s.
- If Dubside wore any color other than black, he probably would look more like a hippie and less like a Navy Seal commando.
- Formerly a resident of Philadelphia, Dubside currently lives/lived in a treehouse 95 feet high at the water’s edge in Anacortes, WA.
- When he’s not practicing for the Greenland National Championships, he’s building a 45 ft baidarka in which to explore the Inside Passage of British Columbia.
- The Greenlanders fear Dubside and call him Qivitoq -- the “mountain walker” -- a person with supernatural powers who shuns society and lives in the wilderness.
- There are many imitators and wannabees, but only one Dubside!
The Paddle House
The Paddle House
2753 SW 27th Avenue
Miami, FL 33131