MongoDB delivers public in-person training classes around the world by our own instructors and engineers. Classes include lessons with follow-up exercises and hands-on labs to solidify your understanding of MongoDB. We limit our class sizes to a maximum of 12 students per instructor. This ratio optimizes the individual attention students receive while they develop their skills.
This training session is a combination of two courses, which can be taken successively or alone:
MongoDB for Developers Training (16-17 September, 2014)
This course is the foundation course for developers who are planning to build and design applications on top of MongoDB. It emphasizes the MongoDB query language, data modeling, aggregation, indexing, and basic administration and provides an overview of replication and sharding.
Advanced Data Modeling Training (18 September, 2014)
This course is designed for developers, architects, and DBAs who want to enhance their understanding of the MongoDB document model and how to develop a schema that performs well for your application's query patterns. Students should have a basic understanding of the MongoDB document model, query language, replication, and sharding.
Purchase of a training ticket(s) is subject to the following terms and conditions: Training Agreement
For questions or more details contact email@example.com.
Developers Training, Day 1
Introduction to MongoDB
- What is MongoDB and Why?
- Core concepts
- Different deployment models
CRUD and the MongoDB Shell
- Structured data (documents) in MongoDB
- Storing documents in collections
- Introduction to the MongoDB query language
Indexing and Data Modeling
- Indexing, query profiling and the query optimizer
- Some schema design case studies
- Practice modeling various domains
- Schemas for atomic operations
Developers Training, Day 2
- How the drivers work in general
- Driver APIs with examples
- Overview of replication
- Configuring replica sets
- Overview of sharding
- How sharding affects application design
- Configuring sharding
- Retrieving diagnostic information
- Diagnostic tools
- Performance indicators
Additional Topics as Time and Interest Permit
- GeoSpatial Indexes
Q & A and Hands-on Work
Advanced Data Modeling (1 Day)
Introduction & Review
- Simple and batch inserts
- Update operators and oplog consequences
- The BSON model and document growth
- Review of replication and shard keys
- Review of compound indexes
- Atomic updates, queues, and findAndModify()
- Single table and multitable inheritance
- Bucketing and Fan on Read/Write
- Denormalization and References
- Document versioning
Students and the instructor then work through several case studies including the following.
Expense report tracking system:
- Embedding data & maintaining array sizes
- Modeling relationships between multiple documents
An application using time-series data:
- Preallocating documents & bucketting
- Handling heavy write loads
Financial trading application:
- Transactions and snapshots
Product catalog & shopping cart application:
- Handling multi-document relationships
- Error handling in applications
Students may also ask questions applicable to their own applications.
When & Where
MongoDB University can help customers build, run and deploy applications on MongoDB through professional training and certification. The training enables organizations to improve developer and end-user experience, reduce time to market, decrease deployment and operational costs and lower business risk.
As part of our offerings, we deliver public in-person training classes taught around the world by our own instructors and engineers. Classes include lessons with follow-up exercises and hands-on labs to solidify your understanding of MongoDB. We limit our class sizes to a maximum of 12 students per instructor. This ratio optimizes the individual attention students receive while they develop their skills. We also offer private on-site training.