DSM5: A Comprehensive Training
Friday, October 18, 2013 at 8:30 AM - Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 12:30 PM (PDT)
When: October 18th 8:30-5:00 & 19th 8:30-12:30 (see detail schedule below)
Hosted by: Your Local Southeast Chapter of the Arizona Counselors Association.
Presenter: Dr. Jason King PhD was involved in the American Psychiatric Association’s routine clinical field trials that tested the reliability of the proposed DSM-5 diagnostic criteria and was a member of two national tasks forces representing the counseling profession. He produces podcasts, webinars, articles, and has delivered numerous national presentations on the DSM-5.
Earn 10 CEU’s!
- 3 of the ten CEU’s may be applied to ethics!
- All CEU’s may be applied to all mental health professionals including LMFT, LMSW, LSAC, LPC, Psychologists and Psychiatrists – especially those in private practice
Choose This Comprehensive Training for DSM5!
- American Psychiatric Association is pushing for full DSM-5 implementation by December 31, 2013
- This workshop will dispel the current myths surrounding the DSM-5
- Learn how to diagnose using the new dimensional system that replaces the traditional multiaxial system
- Understand how to properly incorporate the expanded DSM-5 specifiers and V-codes
- Explore the current research and critically analyze the DSM-5 diagnoses
- Learn how to conduct ethical and culturally sensitive assessment and disability procedures
- Understand DSM-5 application in forensic settings and private practice settings
DSM5 Training Schedule
Friday October 18th(8:30-9:15 registration 9:15-9:30 Introductions/Announcements)
9:30-12:30 & 2:00-5:00 DSM-5 Training 12:30-1:00 Lunch
1. Describe the new structure of the DSM-5 diagnostic process and new classification system
2. Include new DSM-5 standards of dimensional and cross-cutting assessment into your practice
3. Understand replacement of Not Otherwise Specified classification
4. Describe the emerging role of neuroscience in understanding mental illness
5. Explain how to follow new coding and recording procedures to bill in your practice
6. Incorporate specifiers more precisely into the diagnostic process
7. Review of 3 Sections and the Appendix to the DSM-5
8. Evaluate the current scientific literature on the DSM-5 changes
9. Analyze the new DSM-5 diagnoses, such as:
Saturday October 19th DSM-5 Training: 8:30am-12:30pm
1. Provide detailed clinical formulation procedures for assessing disability using the new WHODAS system
2. Thorough application of proper diagnostic procedures for the most common diagnoses, including PTSD,
DMDD, ASD, SUD, and ADHD
3. Use of the Cultural Formulation Interview
4. Ethical issues in the implementation of DSM-5
When & Where
Southeast Chapter of The Arizona Counselors Association
Head Chair, Sally MarkleyLPC