DrumCamp Ashland - Summer 2013 Date TBA
Drum! Dance! Didge! Fun ! Hotsprings!
Summer 2013, Date TBA
Jackson Wellsprings Hotsprings & EcoResort
DrumCamp Ashland will be joy-filled days of play and study with drum and dance masters from around the world. Learn West African, Afro-Cuban, Puerto Rican, Brazilian, and Taiko rhythms, as well as frame drum and digeridoo. Enjoy community drum jams and our Saturday evening concert.
Our location will be Jackson Wellsprings, a beautiful hotsprings resort only 2.5 miles from Ashland, Oregon. Lodging is your choice, stay in town or join us at our private Camping area. Your camping pass will include full access to pool and spa facilities. See http://www.jacksonwellsprings.com/
We are hoping to have these following artists and more:
- Lamine “Dibo” Camara - Traditional W. African Djembe & Dunun
- Pepe Danza - Brazilian Drumming & Percussion - the Djembe in Modern Music
- Arturo Rene Rodriguez - Afro-Cuban & Afro-Puerto Rican Conga and Cajon
- Sarah Lee Parker & Mamady Mansare - West African Dance, African Flute and Song
- Kelvin Underwood – Taiko
- Pamela Mortensen – Didgeridoo
- Sue Lundquist - Afro-Cuban Conga
- Laura Berryhill – Playing Frame Drum - Focus on Bodhran
- Anton Mizerak - N. Indian Rhythm Patterns / Tabla
- Monique Trinity Rose – Bellydance
- Cynthia Neeley - African Dance (Backup)
- Kerry "Shakerman" Greene - Non-Traditional Djembe, Hand Percussion & Musicality
Use of Jackson Wellsprings' beautiful pool and spa will be included in your Camping or Day Use Pass. (Purchase separately from Jackson Wellsprings. Camping and spa fees are going to be offered at a discount to DrumCamp Ashland attendees!
IF YOU CAN'T JOIN US but wish to donate to help support DrumCamp Ashland, we offer three levels of Donation support. Thank you!
If the camp has to be cancelled for any reason, your registration fee will be refunded in full within 14 days.
For more information, see www.drumcampashland.com