Drop It Like It's Hot
Friday, November 1, 2013 from 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Welcome to the October Program for KC 3rd floor.
This event is a collaboration of the RA's of Engineering community of KC Hall, Engineering PALs, and College of Engineering. It is geared toward the Engineering residents of KC Hall, but the event is open to everyone.
This will be a competition. Students will team up (maximum of 5) and work together to build a container that can protect a water balloon from a very high drop. Some construction materials and snacks will be provided for the students. Students are encouraged to bring recycled materials from their rooms to use in their constructions.
- No glass, no metal except staples and paper clips, or any expanding adhesives allowed in construction. We will provide some basic construction materials.
- Parachute is allowed, but it must be self-deployed.
- Teams can trade materials, but we will not provide extra materials.
- Water balloon will be inserted into the container right before the official drop.
- Each team will only get one chance to drop their container for judging.
- Each team will recieve 5 water balloons to work with during construction. Teams are allowed to test run their containers during construction period, but no more water balloon will be given if the test water balloons break during test runs.
- The container cannot exceed the measurement of 3ft x 3ft x 3ft.
Points will be awarded to different aspects of the challenge, such as design, creativity, survival of the balloon, and the execution. The point distribution will be announced later either via email or at the event.
- 3:45pm : Jen will walk with any KC residents from KC to ERB. (Meet with Jen at the sofa area near main entrance)
- 4:00 - 4:15pm: Check in with Maximus at ERB, lounge area on first floor in the east side (near the POD Express)
- 4:15 - 5:30/6:00pm: Construction (time depends on the amount of teams)
- 5:30/6:00pm - 6:30pm: DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT!!!