The whole Drools team is coming to Buenos Aires! They will show the exciting new features of Drools and jBPM ! Enjoy this community event while seat lasts! No knowledge of Drools and/or jBPM required to participate.
The meeting is suitable for people of all levels, from those just wanting to find out what Drools is and what others are doing with it, to hard core programmers who want to delve deep into Drools internals. You are welcome to just come along, watch the talks and observe. Ideally you'll bring your laptop and be willing to roll up your sleeves and hack on Drools itself, fixing some bug, coding a new feature or example or touching up the documentation. Or maybe you just want to work through the Drools documentation or examples, to learn things, with the Drools team at hand for your questions. It's also perfectly acceptable to bring along your company projects and work on them there, with us close to hand to offer guidance.
As always with these bootcamps you get the most out of it if you are proactive and know what you want to get out of it. You have the Drools team there to offer advice and provide mentoring and general help, so make the most of it.
We'd very much like for this to be a communtiy driven event with some industry focus; so that means the more community people who can present and/or hold talks the better. So please volunteer your proposals. All talks should atleast have some relevancy for rules, workflow, event processing, planning and ontologies; ideally but does not have to be with some Drools relationship. The range of topics can be anything you think of that would be of interest to the attendess, that can include, but not be limited to:
- Show of your cool project
- Should either be using drools, or planning to move to it (with details of how that move will work)
- Talk about existing experiences and problems
- General authoring, tell the world how you think these applications should be built
- General industry talks, on players involved and where the industry is giong
- Talk about industry solutions and how they are solved. It doesn't need to involve Drools, but should be relevant in giving people ideas on how Drools could be used.
- If your software involves Drools and is Open Source and of interest to others, we may even be able to provide you time for a workshop.
- Discuss standards, integration, logic programming or just have a general rant.
- Anything else you think people attending might be interested in
Please send talk proposal to droolsatba at gmail dot com
The boot camp is free, you only need to turn up, but please register so we can ensure adequate capacity. Breakfast will be provided and coffee will be available throughout the day.