DROID X welcome party by Chicago Android community
Thursday, July 15, 2010 from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM (CDT)
We would like to invite you to a party at which we want to celebrate our vibrant community in Chicago. We want to give a chance for each mobile company/start-up/developer to introduce themselves. Our mission tag line...
"Chicago the hub of mobile development!"
Twitter handle: #ChicagoAndroid
SPONSORS: please review this page (click here).
Presentations: "What I am doing in mobile space and what do I need from you, the community, to become more successful." Presenters should send in a single full-screen image for the presentation (png or jpg format) to Uki@ChicagoAndroid.com.
"Elevator pitch" SPEAKER LISTING (1 minute each, unless a sponsor):
- Uki D. Lucas (ChicagoAndroid.com): our agenda
- Michael Labowicz (Motorola): DROID X introduction
- Bruce Montgomery: Chicago as a hub of mobile development
- Chris Sweis: JunoWallet.com (platinum sponsor - gift cards)
- Keith McGorisk: Mobile Visionaries
- Darrin Stern: MobileAppEx
- Jason Shah: GroupPick app
- J. Schwan, Kelly Manthey: Solstice Consulting
- Chris Rechtsteiner, co-funder, CMO of page-foundry.com
- Anthony Hand: MoMo Chicago
- Jason Goodrich: Space Apart
- Todor Krecu: mobile marketing
- Stanley Chatman: Golden Doodle Games
- Erin Waldron: Wow Bao (gold sponsor - Hot Asian Buns)
- Vera Kimmi: Forte Consulting Group
- Antonio Wells: AndroidTapp.com reviews
- Jason Shah: Mediafly.com
- Nicholas Aiello: MeStream app for video streaming (silver sponsor)
- Matt Wojtowicz: Android at Loyola University
- Juan Bonfante: Android/Flash/Twitter app
- Chris Phenner thumbplay.com (give-a-way sponsor)
- Jinnan Sun (Motorola MotoDev): DROID X raffle (gold sponsor)
- ... let Uki know if you want to pitch..
Media coverage: take pictures and videos and upload to:
- livestream: http://www.livestream.com/droidxchicago
Verizon Wireless will start selling the DROID X from July 15 for $199 with a 2-year contract, after a $100 rebate.
"Elevator pitch" is a very short, no-nonsense, summary of your idea, activity or proposal to a VIP (very important person like media, investor, president, CEO, etc.) usually presented when you catch that person on the elevator ride, or in similar situation. After the pitch they may invite you for the longer talk where you give them one page "executive summary".
When & Where
mobile platform think-tank and development team organized by Uki D. Lucas
Group of entrepreneurs and developers specializing in creating Android (as well as tablet, iPhone, Blackberry) applications.