San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This event is SOLD-OUT.
*Read the information below carefully.
- Please arrive no later than 12:15 pm. Doors open at 12 noon.
- Print-out your Eventbrite ticket confirmation and bring it with you for faster entry.
- There will be 20 tickets held at the door for Non-RSVP holders. Doors open at 12 noon.
- RSVP holders will be seated first until 12:15 pm.
- Non-RSVP holders must wait until 12:15 pm to be seated. Cancellations and no-shows will roll over to Non-RSVP holders at 12:15 pm.
Thank you for supporting the International Black Women's Film Festival's Black Laurel Film Series!
95 minutes | United Kingdom / Ireland
Docudrama / Horror / Mystery
If you disappeared, would anyone miss you?
Nobody noticed when Joyce Vincent died in her bedsit above a shopping mall in North London in 2003. Her body wasn’t discovered for three years, surrounded by Christmas presents she had been wrapping, and with the TV still on. Newspaper reports offered few details of her life– not even a photograph.
Interweaving interviews with imagined scenes from Joyce’s life, Dreams of a Life is an imaginative, powerful, multilayered quest, and is not only a portrait of Joyce but a portrait of London in the eighties—the City, music, and race. It is a film about urban lives, contemporary life, and how, like Joyce, we are all different things to different people. It is about how little we may ever know each other, but nevertheless, how much we can love.
All ticketing profits and donations directly benefit the programming of the International Black Women's Film Festival.
When & Where
International Black Women's Film Festival
The International Black Women’s Film Festival screens media by and/or about Black women from around the world in non-stereotypical, non-pornographic roles. IBWFF combats negative stereotyping of Black women in film, television and media.