Dragons Maze Prerelease Sun. AM @ D20 Games Alameda
Sunday, April 28, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Pick a Guild...any guild! ;-) Dragon's Maze is the last set in the Ravnica Block, bringing support for all 10 of the guilds of Ravnica , so players who register early will get to their favorite from all 10 guilds.
At D20 Games, we work hard to create a welcoming place for players of all levels to play, well, for the fun of it. ;-)
A couple of new things for the Dragon's Maze prerelease.
- Pick from all ten guilds(20 total of each...reserve early to get your choice)...each pack will contain 4 packs of Dragon's Maze cards, one special pack of just cards for the chosen guild, and one pack of a secret ally guild that shares a color with the guild selected.
- The Implicit Maze...members of each guild can participate in the Implicit Maze Race. If team members win enough to get to complete the maze, they will get a chance to win special code cards good for virtual badges for their Planeswalker.com accounts
- The special foil promo card will be for everyone and not for use in the decks. There will also be a bonus promo foil land for those who do the maze.
When: We will be having 3 times
- Sat. 4/27 at 10 (Get packs starting at 10-build decks to start playing at 11 am)
- Sat. 4/27 at 4 (Get packs starting at 4-build decks to start playing at 5:15)
- Sun. 4/28 at 10 (Get packs starting at 10. Start playing at 11:30)
- (we may add another on sunday @ 5 if we have enough demand.)
Cost: $30 per person -EXTRA BONUS--free pack of basic Ultra-pro sleeves or basic deck box
Format: Sealed (6 packs...make your best 40 card deck--Sealed means everyone starts out with the same number of packs and will take about 23 of those 80+ card to buidl a deck (we provide lands to borrow, though if you have them to bring, we'll give you an extra smile)
Experienced Vs. Casual players: This is a great event for both experienced and casual players and we work hard to take care of both groups. For both...we always play for the fun of the game. ;-)
- Competitive: 4-6 rounds depending on number of players, with the top players getting most of the 2 pack per attendee prizes. (must win at least two rounds to get prize. Prize payout based on number of players)
- Kids & Casual: is more of our standard draft style, with three rounds, with a prize pack given for each round won. Prizes are smaller but more spread out. (NOTE---Because of the Implicit maze event, we will give the Kids and casual players an option to play an extra round to try and win the virtual promo badges, but it is optional and there won't be other prizes for the 4th round besides those promo badge code cards. )
Orzhov: Treasury Thrull
Simic: Fathom Mage