Dr. Ben S. Carson, author of America the Beautiful, shares insights from his incredible life journey to explore what is good about America and where we have gone astray.
Dr. Benjamin S. Carson Sr., MD., has been named by CNN and TIME magazine as the one of the nation’s 20 foremost physicians and scientists. He holds more than 60 honorary doctorate degrees and has received hundreds of awards and citations, including the 2006 Spingarn Medal – the highest honor given by the NAACP. In 2008, Dr. Carson was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom – the highest civilian honor given by the U.S. Government.
Growing up, Dr. Carson was challenged by Detroit poverty, poor grades and low self-esteem. Through it all, he dreamed of becoming a physician and was encouraged by his mother to read and accomplish great things. His inspirational story was depicted in the award-winning 2009 movie “Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story”, starring Cuba Gooding, Jr. as Carson.
Proceeds from the February 22 event will go to the Bootheel Scholarship Committee in partnership with The Restoration Center.
Are there ID requirements?
The only ID requirements necessary will be a valid printed ticket in hand. Either the hard copy bought from one of representatives in person, or online which will have a bar code that will be scanned to verify authenticity.
Is there an age limit to enter the event?
Yes. Minors 14-17 years old are allowed to enter, but must be accompanied by an adult.
What are my parking options getting to the event?
There will be handicap designated parking close to the Sikeston Field House Event Center. Sikeston Field House Event Center has no steps at entrance and is handicap accessible. All parking must be in designated parking stripes. There are Four school parking lots close to the Sikeston Field House Event Center:
- The Field House Parking lot.
- The High School Area North of the Field House
- The Tennis Court and Bulldog Foot ball area on South Ingram Road and Ables Road
- The parking lot around the 6th & 7th grade building on Twitty Dr. directly South of the Field House. There are shopping center parking spaces between Pine St. and South Ingram Road that may be utilized far away from the businesses entrance, park on north side of parking lot next to Malone Ave. These parking spaces are about 400 yards from the Field House.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
- A Dr. Ben Carson book if you would like to get his signature on it. Dr. Carson will be doing a book signing for about 30 minutes following his speech and his Q&A session. No guarantee all books will be signed due to time restrictions.
- Still Photos are also allowed, but NO VIDEO OR AUDIO RECORDINGS.
- NO FIREARMS of ANY KIND. Law enforcement will be on scene to verify.
- NO AUDIO OR VIDEO RECORDING DEVICES OF ANY KIND. Again this event must comply with strict copyright rules.
- NO FOOD OR DRINKS.
- NO POLTICAL CAMPAIGN SIGNS OR PLACARDS RELATING TO POLITICAL PARTIES OR CANDIDATES OF ANY KIND. We want to keep this event free from political partisan rancor. This is an event to celebrate America, and we want ALL Americans to feel the common bond we share as AMERICANS.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please call 1-573-318-6253
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Can I get a refund once the ticket is purchased?
Is there reserved seating?
All seats are general admission. Reserved seating is not available at this time.
Who are your sponsors? Can I get more information?
For sponsorship information, call 573-475-0359.