Dooky Dinner to Support Friends of Lafitte Corridor (FOLC)
Thursday, January 10, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (CST)
New Orleans, LA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Come enjoy dinner at Dooky Chase's with friends and supporters of the future Lafitte Greenway!
Proceeds support fundraising capacity for Friends of Lafitte Corridor (FOLC), a non-profit that seeks to revitalize the Lafitte Corridor by working to build, program, and promote the Lafitte Greenway as a great public space.
Guest speakers: Jeff Hebert (New Orleans Redevelopment Authority) and David Waggonner (Waggonner & Ball Architects)
Music by Mario Abney
A silent auction will held. Cost of ticket includes dinner.
FOLC envisions a completed public trail and greenway through the Lafitte Corridor which:
- links neighborhoods from Treme to Lakeview;
- provides a safe path of travel for individuals and families between homes, schools, businesses and community resources;
- increases transportation options, especially for people who do not have access to a car;
- provides useful community space to be shaped and used by the residents of neighborhoods adjacent to the Corridor;
- enhances recreational opportunites for all residents and visitors including the elderly and disabled;
- demonstrates best practices in sustainability; and
- educates visitors about the cultural and economic history of New Orleans and the city’s relationship to the larger landscape.
For more information, visit our website at http://folc-nola.org/