The Andre Sobel River of Life Foundation is the US fiscal agent for HaitiUp, an energetic organization assisted by Patty Dominic, ASRL Board Chair. Donations to support the social entrepreneurial dreams of HaitiUP may be made here and will be conveyed to HaitiUp.
Based in the Dominican Republic, HaitiUP is run by two hard-working and visionary young men, Junior and Minguito. As native Haitians, their dream is to see “Haiti go up!” Both started in the shoe shine business in the streets of Sousa, where a Canadian businessman loved their energy and offered to pay for English lessons. Today their English skills allow them to work much more prosperously on the tourist beaches and to pursue their organization’s mission: “to help Haiti find its dream to become one of the most beautiful, successful, and prosperous countries in the world. As “Entrepreneurial Missionaries” its leaders’ purpose is to bring economic prosperity to Haiti by:
1. Recruiting and Training Haitian Social Entrepreneurs;
2. Building Haitian infrastructure to stimulate Haitian Tourism
3. Returning financially independent Haitians to their Homeland.
HaitiUP! accomplishes these goals by reaching out through the following venues:
- Haiti UP!International Brand Stores
- Haiti UP! School of Entrepreneurialism
- HaitiUP! Clean UP & Green UP & Tourist UP
- Six Star HaitiUP! Resort, Restaurant and Spa
- HaitiUP! Music & Arts Exhibitions & Events
You can read all about how HaitiUP is putting their dreams into action at: www.haitiup.com