Doing Business in the
Join your favorite weekly columnists’ in-person from ColoradoBiz’s eNewsletter for the first of a four-part series. You’ve enjoyed reading their insights online, now hear them in person!
Part 1: Aligning with Social Media: From planning and budgeting, to sales/marketing/PR, brand development, HR, operations, customer service, reporting and analytics, you’ll learn how to use social media to drive results.
Date: Wednesday May 11, 2011
Registration Time: 7:30AM
Event Time: 8:00AM - 9:30AM
Location: Comedy Works South / 5345 Landmark Place / Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Cost: $35 per person (Includes Continental breakfast)
Moderator: Mike Cote, editor, ColoradoBiz magazine
Lida Citroen (@Lida360)
Importance of strategy in social
media. Focuses include:
• Crafting a strategy to ensure your social media efforts produce high returns
• Ensuring your efforts online support your overall brand efforts
• Using social media to engage customers, solicit feedback, and create evangelists for your company, product or service
Julie Hansen (@Acting4Sales), Sales Trainer, Speaker, Author
Driving sales using video in social
media and avoiding common mistakes. Points to be covered include:
• Why you need an ROI focused video strategy
• How to create a video that connects with your audience using professional on-camera techniques
• 5 deadly social media sales mistakes and how to avoid them
The dark side of social media. Gil will offer an issues management take on social media, highlighting best and worst case scenarios. Focus areas:
• Have a plan and a thick skin before jumping in
• The Nestle case study, how fast things went South
• The Southwest case study, quick honest responses resonate
• Social media is a conversation, not a one-way tool
John Heckers MA, CPC, BCPC: (@heckersdev)
will focus on the growing importance of on-line networking in a comprehensive
job search. Points include:
• How to effectively utilize LinkedIn.
• Why you should not usually use Facebook and Twitter.
• How to avoid the pitfalls of on-line networking in a job search.
Paula Berg is the Digital Media Leader at Linhart PR, a national public relations and corporate communications counseling firm based in Denver, CO, where she specializes in social media strategy, integration, infrastructure, and crisis management.
Thomas Frey (@ThomasFrey), Senior Futurist, DaVinci Institute
Thomas is the Executive Director and Senior Futurist at the DaVinci Institute, and currently Google's top-rated futurist speaker. Tom has been a frequent contributor to ColoradoBiz magazine. He currently writes a weekly “Future Trend Report” newsletter and has written numerous articles on a wide range of futurist topics.
James is a social media strategist dedicated to helping companies build user experiences that drive sales, awareness and brand recognition. He plays a lead role in rapidly examining and radically improving and organization’s connected communities and social media ROI.
Thank you to:
**Questions? Contact Kelly Ness at 303.662.5222 or firstname.lastname@example.org