Doggie Olympics ~ San Antonio
Saturday, April 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Held by Girl Scout Troop 592 to benefit children served by the San Antonio Fire Department
Here’s your chance to win gold with your pooch!
Girl Scout Troop 592 is holding this fun event to collect stuffed animals for the San Antonio Fire Department to give to children who need comfort.
Dogs of all sizes, shapes, breeds, mixes and abilities are welcome!
Entry fee per dog: One new medium-sized stuffed animal (or $10 donation onsite for purchase of a stuffed animal), which will be donated to the San Antonio Fire Department
There is no fee to just come and watch!
The first 50 to check-in on the day of the event will receive a goodie bag! (Check in begins at 9:45)
Activities include six competitive events, a photo station, and a small concession stand (with Girl Scout cookies).
- Doggie Fashion Show: Owners bring their dogs dressed up in their own costume. Awards for Most Adorable, Best Look-A-Like, Funniest, Best Theme: Spring Fling
- Rip Van Winkle Sleep-off: Dog lying down the longest without moving (up to 60 sec.) wins. Heads cannot flop, ears cannot wiggle or tails wag. Owners can pet, stroke and coo to their dogs during competition.
- Ball Lottery: Dogs retrieve balls that have been numbered. The dog that collects the highest total wins.
- Peanut Butter Lick: Who can empty the spoon of peanut butter the fastest? Did we mention the spoon’s handle is in the owner’s mouth? No hands allowed! Owner kneels on the ground and on the signal of the MC puts the padded spoon in their mouth. As soon as the dog has finished, stand up and hold the spoon in the air. Spoons must be empty of peanut butter. First three win. Divided into two height categories.
- Red Light, Green Light: You played it as a child, now play it with your dog! Owners heel their dogs on green and sit their dog on red.
- Temptation Tower: In this race against the clock, you have one minute to stack as many biscuits as you can into a tower of tasty dog treats. But there is an added challenge! You must build this tower of treats in front of your dog! If your dog eats any of the biscuits, you and your dog will be eliminated from the game. If your tower falls down, you can rebuild until time runs out. The winner is the dog and handler team with the most number of biscuits in their tower!
Local Ordinances Apply: All dogs must be on a leash at all times. Dogs must be current on all vaccinations, immunizations ad required licenses.
Note: The school will be closed so there will be no access to public restrooms.