San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
DOE Challenge Home Training:
Is the Housing Market Ready for Zero Net-Energy Ready Homes?
Sam Rashkin, Chief Architect, DOE Building Technologies Program
It’s been five years since the current housing industry slow-down began. As time marches on, it’s become increasingly clear the recovery process will be extremely slow. During this difficult business climate, the DOE Challenge Home offers leading builders a timely solution for differentiating their product from the existing homes as well as minimum code new homes. In fact, DOE believes the housing market is ready for a label that makes it easy for consumers to identify zero net-energy ready homes that are so efficient a small renewable energy system can offset most or all annual energy consumption. Further, these homes include outstanding health benefits and significant savings installing solar energy systems in the future. Constructing zero net-energy ready homes is relatively easy. Ensuring they consistently deliver affordability, comfort, health, safety, durability and quality-construction is the goal of the DOE Challenge Home specifications. American homebuyers want this level of excellence when they make the largest investment of a lifetime. They just don’t know it’s available and how to get it… yet.
This half-day seminar (3.5 hours of training plus 1.5 hours built-in for breaks and a complimentary lunch) will provide builders a comprehensive review of zero net-energy ready home construction including the business case, detailed specifications, and opportunities to be recognized as an industry leader. In the process, attendees will learn the answers to the following questions:
- What is the future of housing and why is it headed there?
- What new business approach is critical for builders in a slow housing market?
- What critical components define a truly zero net-energy ready home?
- How are builders offering zero net-energy ready homes today at market-based prices?
- Why are zero net-energy ready homes often the lowest cost option for homebuyers?
- What eight compelling value propositions are unique to zero net-energy ready homes?
- How can zero net-energy ready homes substantially lower home builders’ risks?
- How can zero net-energy ready homes be constructed with readily available, tried-and-true technologies and practices?
- How can builders achieve significant recognition for providing zero net-energy ready performance?
- What local resources are available to assist home builders with zero net-energy ready projects?
This event is hosted by:
AIR-KING VENTILATION PRODUCTS
820 Lincoln Avenue
West Chester, PA 19380
in cooperation with the Home Ventilating Institute.
A complimentary lunch will be provided to all registered attendees.
Class size is limited to 25 participants and pre-registration is required.
Please contact Air King directly for directions and event details.
When & Where
Home Ventilating Institute (HVI)
The Home Ventilating Institute (HVI) is the premier nonprofit association of the manufacturers of home ventilating products.