Django 1.7 is one of the biggest releases in recent years for Django; several major new features, innumerable smaller improvements, and some big changes to parts of Django that have lain unchanged since before version 1.0. Come and learn about new app loading, system checks, customised select_related, custom lookups, and, of course, migrations. We'll cover both the advantages these new features bring as well as the issues you might have when upgrading from 1.6 or below.
Andrew is a Django core developer, the author of South and the new django.db.migrations framework, and currently works for Eventbrite as a Senior Software Engineer, working on system architecture. He's been using Django since 2007, and has worked on far too many Django websites at this point. In his spare time, he also enjoys flying planes, archery, and cheese.
6:15pm - Check in and socialize. Pizza and Beer will be provided by our generous sponsor Yelp!
7:00pm - Lightning Talks
#1 Randall Degges - Django & Bcrypt
Please email the organizer to signup for a lightning talk!
7:15pm - Andrew's talk
8:00pm - Q&A with Andrew then more socializing
8:30pm - Time to head home
Notes from Yelp:
- Doors will open at 6:15pm to allow enough time for the check-in process.
- Please RSVP with Eventbrite! You will only be let in if you have an Eventbrite ticket!
- Beer and wine will be served at this event. If you're under 21 please RSVP directly with the host.
- If you will be bringing a guest, please say so on Eventbrite and get them a ticket.
- Yelp is generously providing pizza, drinks, and beer in addition to their venue space. Please respect and abide the space!
Have questions about Django 1.7 And You?
Contact Rudy via SF Django Meetup Group