The Montgomery County Commission for Women
And the Montgomery County (MD) Alumnae Chapter - Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Divorce, Money and You
Thursday, May 23rd, 2013
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Rockville Memorial Library Building
21 Maryland Avenue, Suite 330
Rockville, MD 20850
Understand and prepare financially for the divorce process,
as well as life during separation and after divorce.
It’s not just your money, it’s your future.©
· Financial implications of divorce/separation
· Multiple approaches to divorce, their costs and value
· Different outcome possibilities; court vs. negotiated settlements
· Does equitable mean fair?
· Will my lifestyle change? How much?
· Will I be O.K. financially, post divorce?
· How does a lump sum translate to a stream of income?
· Understanding the tax aspects of support and property
· Different Kinds of money in divorce
· Divisible property
· Understanding a financial statement
· Should I keep the house?
· Can I live with this agreement?
Presenter: Jamie Lapin, CFP®, CDFA, RIA
Risk Management Group LLC
At the Door: $15 (Cash or Check only) Call 240-777-8300 for more information
When & Where
Montgomery County Commission for Women
The Montgomery County Commission for Women is a 15-member advisory board created by County law in 1972 and charged with the responsibility of advising the County Executive, County Council, the public and the agencies of the county, state and federal government on the issues of concern to women. Over the past four decades, the MC-CFW has addressed such issues as Single Mothers and Poverty, Immigrant Women's Issues, Educational Equity, Family Equity in the Courts, Pay Equity, Work and Family Policies, Violence in Relationships, Employment Rights of Pregnant Women and much more. Visit our website at www.montgomerycountymd.gov/cfw