"Divorce and Taxes" - A Seminar
Monday, May 6, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
Needham Heights, MA
"Divorce and Taxes"
Legal and Tax Professionals Will Discuss the Options Regarding Divorce and the Related Tax Implications
This public education program for divorcing couples will focus on divorce and the tax implications of the various choices couples make when separating or getting divorced. The panel of speakers includes legal and tax professionals who specialize in working with and representing divorcing couples and individuals. The speakers include:
- Justin Kelsey, Esq., Kelsey & Trask P.C., Framingham, MA;
- Sheila May, CPA, Masters of Taxation, Scituate, MA; and
- Carol Khouri, CFP®, CDFA™, Wingate Wealth Advisors, Lexington, MA.
The panel of speakers will discuss the various options regarding divorce and related tax implications. Topics will include:
- What are the tax implications of property division and support;
- What options do couples have;
- What tax benefits can be transferred between spouses;
- How are capital gains treated in a divorce; and
- What couples need to know before making a decision.
This seminar is offered free of charge, however a donation of $20 is welcome.
When & Where
The Divorce Center
The Divorce Center is an organization comprised of professionals (i.e. attorneys, mediators, social workers, financial planners etc.) who provide support and knowledge for those going through separation or divorce. Email: email@example.com URL: www.thedivorcecenter.org