- DISTRIKT makes it's maiden voyage to our nation's capital!
- We get to throw a party on a BOAT!
- We get to throw a party on a boat with our friends from PEX! (ohhhhhyeahhhhhhh!)
- We get to co-host a "Kaptial" after party TBA with Fort Knox Five & Funkytown!
DISTRIKT & PEX hit the Potomac (hard) on Sunday or Memorial Day weekend! There may be some never before seen surf on the nation's river that day thanks to the beat & bass heavy boat party making it's way down the Potomac at sunset!
Your boat ticket includes open bar and light hors d'oeuvres! All tickets must be purchased in advance (first come/first serve).
- 2 rooms of 'shock & awe' sound to host all boat legged dancers, hosted by beat masters:
- Boarding starts at 6:30pm; the boat will leave the dock at 7pm SHARP!! It returns to the dock at 10pm. Shuttles will be provided for those accompanying us to the after party.
- For those who agree that size does, in fact, matter: we booked the "Cherry Blossom" (link below) for our tour. We hope to keep attendance a bit under the allowed capacity to allow for freedom of interpretive dance moves.
- The boat tour will be on the Potomac, during sunset - a "Monuments Cruise" that goes between Old Town Alexandria and The Watergate Hotel.
- DISTRIKT is a 501c3 non-profit. All proceeds go towards our journey back to the playa this year and art grant funding.
- Attire - easy peasy burner boat attire!
- Your wristband will allow you $5 discounted access to the after party co-hosted with Funkytown/Fort Knox Five with special Guest Carlo Lio at U Street Music Hall (9pm-4am) We'll have a shuttle to take all boat trippers over to the venue.
- Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/369734723146990/
- Ticketfly link: http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/269545?wrKey=3969DD835DC1AD4CB1238B0B4CE2F548