San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
ALL families in School District 308 are invited to a fun and brain-stimulating evening of Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and Arts activities and presentations for the whole family, including pre-K children. Please invite your friends, neighbors, and extended family. We are expecting over 35 tables of activities. This event is also a great opportunity to see what your child will do in junior high and high school.
The following presenters will engage guests of all ages with hands-on activities *
- Oswego High School science teachers and Science National Honor Society and AP Biology students
- Oswego East High School science teachers and Science National Honor Society and Chemistry students
- Kendall County 4-H
- District 308 High School Robotics Team
- Prairie Point Elementary Junior Lego Robotics Club
- Jurica Museum at Benedictine University's amazing Animal Collection will be at tables for families to see and touch
- Kumon of Oswego will have a table where students can take the Kumon Challenge
- Fox River Academy of Music & Art
- Studio 60 on Main
- Atlas Oil
- OEHS National Technical Honor Society Students
- OHS and OEHS Mu Alpha Theta Math Honor Society Students
- Project Lead the Way Engineering Students
- District 308 TARC Rocket Team
- MeritCorp Group, LLC
- Huntington Learning Center
|Virtual Reality Simulator||screaming balloons||fingerprinting|
|sound waves||balloon rockets||Oobleck|
|chain drop||water pressure||Snap Circuits|
|dissections/microscopes||Newton's Laws with plate/egg||stomp rockets|
* The list of presenters and activities will be updated often so check back for current information.
PLUS, there will be raffle drawings for dozens of science-related prizes!!
Last year, over 700 people attended! We hope to see you there.
Walks-ins are welcome, but we ask that you register to help us with planning. Registered families will also have an extra chance at raffle prizes. Please print 1 ticket per family and present at check-in.
Raffle tickets - We will hand out tickets as you enter. These are numbered tickets, and you do not need to write your information on them. Registered families will get an extra set of tickets. You must have the ticket to claim your prize. If you forget to bring the printout of your registration, please let the volunteers know that you have registered. Raffle ticket drawings will be at 7pm and 8pm.
This is a FREE event. Donations will be accepted at the entrance and will support next year's event.
Doors will open at 5:45pm and you will be allowed in to browse the tables. The event will start at 6pm and will go until 8:30pm.
Each family will receive a handout with a map. This map will have the layout of all the tables so you can see where activities are located.
ALLERGIES - Activities that use Milk and Food Dye will be located together. These will be labeled with "Allergy Alert!" on your map.
This event is organized by PACE (Parents And Community for Excellence parent organization - www.pace308.org). PACE is an official partner of Dana Foundation's Brain Awareness Week so please look for brain awareness activities throughout the event.
When & Where
P-TAG Partners for Talented and Gifted Education
P-TAG, Partners for Talented and Gifted Education, is a parent organization in the Oswego 308 School District that advocates for all high achieving and gifted students in the district, kindergarten through high school. P-TAG works with the District 308 Board of Education, administrators, teachers, students, families, and the District 308 Community to reach this goal. Please visit www.ptag308.org for more information.