Discover Daystar School's Wonder Zone Pre-Kindergarten Program from 9:00 am to 10:00 am on Thursday mornings.
Parents/Guardians interested in Daystar School are required to attend a Discover Daystar Pre-K Tour to:
- meet Simone Widney, admissions director,
- learn more about our unique and exciting program,
- see classes in session, and
- tour our modern, spacious facility.
When you arrive:
- Free visitor parking is available in the Daystar School lot, accessed at 16th & Dearborn.
- Enter Daystar School office on 16th St under the "Daystar School" awning (26 W. 16th).
- Check in at the front desk to Check-In and to inform us of your vehicle make, model, and tag number.
While we are a school and truly love children of all ages, our Discover Daystar Pre-K Thursday Tour is designed for adults. Infants and children in strollers are welcome. Kindly make child care arrangements for your children.
Questions? Contact Simone Widney, admissions and marketing director, at 312.791.0001 or email@example.com
What parking options are available?
Daystar School offers free parking to our guests in our lot, accessed at 16th & Dearborn. Kindly register your vehicle's color, make, model, and license plate at the school office. There is NO street parking on the north side of 16th Street during school hours. Paid street parking is available on State Street and on the east side of 16th. But why pay to park when we have free parking lot?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. Tickets are not required. Your registration is sufficient.
I want to bring a friend. Is that okay?
Yes. However, if you are attending with a friend, each family must register separately. As part of our application process, families are required to attend our Discover Daystar Tours. By registering as a family, this will help us to note that your tour requirement was fulfilled.
I want to bring my child to see if he/she likes the school. Is that okay?
Potential Wonder Zone Pre-K students will have an opporunity to visit the school when they attend a Pre-K Play Date prior to acceptance.
I am also interested in the K-8 program for my older child(ren). Should I attend both tours?
No. Just register for a K-8 tour. Tami Doig, the principal, will discuss the Pre-K program with the group.
I have questions. Who should I contact?
Simone Widney, our admissions and marketing director, will be happy to answer your questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.791.0001.
When & Where
Daystar School offers a faith-based, culturally-engaged education in an urban setting.
- Grades PK - 8
- High academic standards
- Small class sizes
- Enagaged hands-on learning
- Extensive use of Chicago resources
- Differentiated curriculum
- Modern, spacious facility