San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Disco Amigos are hitting the streets again for the 2014 Mardi Gras season and are looking for Mardi Gras and Disco fans to come help us put on the Worlds Greatest Rolling "Disco Train" Party!
The Disco Train is a rolling Disco Party that follows our performers and Disco Van. It is open to anyone looking to dance on our simulated Disco floor complete with mobile Disco ball, multi-colored lights, and other funky accoutrements.
We will be performing in the parades listed below, with more confirmations coming every day, so check back often:
- Krewe of Cleopatra: Friday Feb 21st 6:30pm - 10:30pm (roll call at 4:30pm)
- Krewe of Nyx: Wednesday Feb 26th 7:00pm - 11:00pm (roll call at 5:00pm)
- Krewe of Tucks: Saturday Mar 1st 12:00 noon - 4:00pm (roll call at 10:00am)
- Krewe of Orpheus: Monday Mar 3rd 6:00pm - 11:00pm (roll call at 4:00pm)
The cost for each Disco Train participant is $50 per parade which includes:
- Access to the parade and Disco Train
- Drinks during the parade (while supplies last) and port-o-let
- Ability to strut your funky stuff to the thousands of Mardi Gras parade-goers!
Each participant is required to adhere to Mardi Gras ordinances and the following requirements:
1) Disco Attire is a MUST! Find a butterfly-collared polyester shirt, bell bottom pants, jumpsuit and platform shoes, along with any other appropriate accessory (wigs, necklaces, sunglasses).
2) Nothing larger than a Man Purse. You can only bring what you can carry. NOPD prohibits dragging, pulling or pushing any other equipment, including but not limited to: rolling carts, shopping carts, ice chests, mechanical bulls, or boom boxes. You are welcome to contribute your beer and liquor to the communal ice chests for all Amigos and participants, and will be loved for it.
3) No Party Favors! Mardi Gras laws do not allow parade marchers to throw or hand-out beads, cups, doubloons, stuffed animals, or any items other than your funky moves.
4) You party, dance and have fun till the polyester falls off, bringing your Disco swagger to the streets of New Orleans.
Meeting location and other details will be provided prior to each parade once registered.
Any other questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disco Amigos Social Aid & Boogie Club
The Disco Amigos are a performance and parading group to encourage Disco, dancing and having a good time for everyone. We are an organization designed to showcase the creative and performance talent in New Orleans through events, parades and performances while being accessible to anyone who wants to join the party.