The Digital Peninsula's Second Web Unconference!!!
The first one was here: http://medworm.eventbrite.com/
The second event will be bigger, longer and even better!
To be held on Saturday 14th May, from 1pm - 4pm,
at the fabulous Phoenix in Exeter.
(donations will be accepted on the day to cover technician fees and equipment hire)
200 geeks sharing a vision on how we can come together to collaborate, nurture a strong community, and build the UK's own version of Silicon Valley. What could be better than that???
B there or B Very Square.
Confirmed speakers include:
3 Minute Lightning Talk Introductions:
- Korash Sanjideh - iNet, Designed in Devon - @korashs
- Chris Hebert - See Data - @chrisjhebert
- John Cowen - Mekonta Web Design - @john_cowen
- Rupa Chilvers - Tangerine Bee - @tangerinebee1
- Chris Prescott - Fantasy Shopper - @cpresc
- Dave Ashenden - damonky - @damonky
- Chris Simpson & Joe Green - idio - @simplechris @jg
- Sophie Dennis - Cayenne - @sophiedennis
- Finn Woodhill - Dispersal - @dispersals
- Nick Ellison - TalkTorbay, Socialize Media - @SocializeTweet , @TalkTorbay
10 Minute Spotlight Presentations:
- Justin Bovington - Rivers Run Red, Immersive Spaces - @riversrunred
- Darren Westlake - Crowdcube - @Crowdcube
15 Minute Workshops:
- Frankie Dolan (MedWorm) - 'Building a successful development community' - @frankiedolan
- Ben Masters (Fuel Communications) - 'Developer collaboration and working within a team' - @benholiio
- Sophie Dennis (Cayenne) - 'Building our collaborative (#digpen) website' - @sophiedennis
2 Minute Pitches:
- Edward McCaughan (Buzzword Overload) - South West Bar Camps - @edwardmccaughan
- Ben Reynhart (Mutant Labs) - Extended Play - @benje
- Rob Glover (#TagsExeter, Exeter Twestival) - Social Media Meetups - @ExeterTweet
- Paul Hallet(Student University of Plymouth) - Café Coder - @phalt_
- John Nye (NimbleWorks) - Exeter Web Dev Meetup - @john_nye
- You ???
For those that want ot make the most of the day there is the option to join us at Bella Italia (very near the Phoenix) for lunch beforehand, at 11.30am. The cost for lunch will be £10 and will include a meat or vegetarian set dish, bread and olives, plus soft drinks. If you would like to join us for lunch, you must let us know in advance. Just email email@example.com with details of whether you want to the meat or vegetarian option, and then bring £10 cash on the day.