Speakers from Fox, Sony PlayStation, Yahoo!, Intern Sushi and more will give u expert tips on using digital tools and improving your social media to help u find and get a job or internship, and advance in your career at our Digital LA - UCLA Anderson EDGE panel. Plus: take free headshots at the Intern Sushi photobooth!
Our expert panelists will give actionable advice on how you can optimize your digital and social media presence to increase your chances of getting a job in various industries including entertainment, consulting, finance, etc. And after you get the job you want, we'll discuss how you can use digital and social media tools to advance in your career, including how to use LinkedIn, Facebook and other tools effectively on the job.
- Maureen Frontino, Fox Filmed Entertainment, Manager Talent Acquisition
- Sally Buchanan, PlayStation, SVP of Human Resources
- Cassel Kaye Booker, Yahoo! Senior Recruiter
- Shara Senderoff, Intern Sushi, CEO, Co-Founder, @internsushi @sharasenderoff
- Seth Jaret, Content Engine, CEO and Jaret Management. Seth is a media entrepreneur, content creator & Hollywood literary manager who represents a distinguished roster of sought-after screenwriters, directors and creative talent. @sethjaret.
- Jeremy Tucker, Innovation Protocol, Sr. Brand Strategist. Strategic brand development.
- Kevin Winston, Digital LA, @DigitalLA @kevinwinston
- Summers McKay, UCLA Anderson EDGE, Program Director, @theandersonEDGE
- How to use LinkedIn and other tools to find, apply, get, and advance in your job
- What do recruiting and HR managers look for in a candidate? Can they look at your online profiles?
- What should your profile pic and profile convey when you're looking for / have a job across various social media sites? Does that matter?
- What are other tools and sites to get a job?
- 7-8p. Checkin and Networking. Light snacks provided.
Visit the Yahoo! career table, and take FREE professional profile pics at the Intern Sushi photobooth!
- 8-9:30p Panel with Q&A.
Transform the resume into a digital profile that tells your story! Receive a free 3 month premium membership when you sign up on internsushi.com using promo code: UCLAEdge13
Tweet via hashtag #uclaEDGE. One Twitter user will be selected based on the quality of tweets during the panel, to receive a complimentary Silicon Beach Fest full pass to the Silicon Beach Fest startup entertainment fest this June 18-22 in Santa Monica. http://siliconbeachfest.com
UCLA Anderson EDGE is a four-week program for rising juniors, seniors, and recent college graduates who want the tools to make an immediate impact in their chosen careers. Final applications due May 15. Program runs July 8 - Aug 2, 2013. More info: http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/executive-education/edge-program
Intern Sushi is a website that digitally reinvents the internship application, hiring & management process. Always #BePicky! @InternSushi. Transform the resume into a digital profile that tells your story! Receive a free 3 month premium membership when you sign up on internsushi.com using promo code: UCLAEdge13
Yahoo! is hiring in its Santa Monica offices and other locations. Visit the Yahoo! career table at this event.
EventSorbet helps you create events for everyday occasions @EventSorbet
CAREER TABLE / SPONSOR
If you're interested in sponsoring with in-kind food, non-alcoholic drinks, or want to set up a career table to promote jobs at your company, email email@example.com with CAREER as the subject
When & Where
Digital LA is the largest digital networking group based in LA, reaching more than 50,000 professionals weekly via its newsletter and social media. Digital LA organizes weekly panels and mixers for digital professionals, including startup CEOs, VCs and investors, entertainment including Hollywood movie and TV studios, music labels, agencies, video games, VFX, social media, digital advertising, developers, designers, marketing and and more. Digital LA is the founder of Silicon Beach Fest, the original and largest multi-day startup / entertainment conference. Follow @DigitalLA. Digital LA has been recognized by Forbes and the LA Times as keeping LA's tech community together via its fun and friendly events.