Digital LA - Startup Showcase: Entertainment + Investor Panel
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM (PDT)
Santa Monica, United States
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- Ethan Applen, Warner Bros. Entertainment, Executive Director. Media Camp. @eapplen @themediacamp
- David Min, Walt Disney Company, VP Strategic Business Innovation
- Melinda Moore, Entertainment Media Ventures, SVP. Fomerly VP of Rogers & Cowan, VP Trailer Park Client Services; Founded and sold LovingEco celebrity - charity site.
- Andy Kleinman, Scopely, Chief Business Officer. Scopely makes mobile app games like Dice with Buddies. @scopely @andykleinman
- Additional panelists TBA (if u do digital for a studio or agency, email email@example.com with STARTUP as subject and brief bullet points of your entertainment investments)
- Darren Marble, FilmBreak, CEO and Co-Founder. FilmBreak aims to be the world's largest virtual studio, letting filmmakers do their own online marketing and distribution to build, engage and monetize their online audience. @FilmBreak_
- Brian Johnson, VuePlus, CEO. VuePlus helps content creators connect with their customers and fans by linking your YouTube videos with iTunes purchases. VuePlus was selected to be part of the Silicon Beach Sunday Funday in Austin during SXSW. @VuePlus
- Nick Abramovic, Bramo, Founder. Bramo brings a big-data approach to discovering new music. Its machine learning algorithms start with what your preferences, and gradually exposes you to entirely new genres. This is different from Pandora which just plays the same tracks you're used to.
- David Padula, Fans.lu, CEO and Co-Founder. Fans.lu lets video game companies create an online storefront to sell game related merchandise, including design, on-demand manufacturing, fulfillment and customer service. StartEngine alum. @fans_loveyou
- A fifth Audience Choice startup will be selected based on a 30-second pitch and tweet-votes and applause from the audience.
- 7-8p Networking and Check-in
- 8-9p Pitches
- 9-9:30p Panel
Parking: $1/hour in the adjacent Santa Monica Library garage, closes at 11p.
SPONSOR TABLE. Sponsors get a table to promote their product or services during the 7-8p networking and after networking. Black tablecloth and power provided. Bring your own promotional materials, signage, giveaways, candy, T-shirts, etc.
When & Where
Digital LA organizes networking events for online entertainment, marketing and advertising friends and professionals around entertainment, strartups, movies, TV/web series, music, video games, VFX/3D, including content creation, development, distribution, marketing and social media. Digital LA is the founder of the Silicon Beach Fest, a biannual startup entertainent confernece.