Digital LA - Startup Fashion Show - Fall 2013 @ Cross Campus
Friday, October 18, 2013 from 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM (PDT)
Santa Monica, CA
Celebrate startups in fashion at our second Startup Fashion Show highlighting innovative startups, brands and tech during LA Fashion Week - Fall at Cross Campus in Santa Monica. This fashion show is LA's first and only fashion show where our lineup of online fashion startups will have models wearing their looks on the runway.
Our spring fashion show featured a dozen Silicon Beach online retailers and models wearing looks from international-inspired dress fashions, to women's exercise clothing, to men and women's underwear. Watch video runway footage.
- Kenna + Maxi, Jill Bigelow, Founder. Kenna + Maxi is a luxury resort brand of kaftans and cover-ups defined by quality fabrics, fine craftsmanship and is made in LA. It embodies the spirit of the modern successful woman who desires to feel sexy, luxurious, comfortable and timeless. http://kenna-maxi.com
- WJ Apparel Group (1015 Store) has created a revolutionary fashion business model which provides fast, trendy, LA-made fashion direct to both final consumers and retailers across the globe. Their cost-cutting vertical integration allows them to sell the hottest women's fashion for ridiculously low prices on their retail site 1015store.com, while their multiline online showroom is changing the buying process for boutiques around the world . http://1015store.com @1015store
- Quest Apparel. Quest Apparel was born out of a passion for accomplishment. Its clothing is made for those who Never Quit who pride themselves on constantly striving for greatness. We have a strong admiration for innovative design; all of our garments are figure flattering and discretley highlight one of our Philosophies. Becuase every Quest is different, you choose your own Philosophy to motivate you through the day. http://questapparel.com @QuestApparel
- Get This, Lisa Farris, Founder. Get This lets consumers use its site or iPad app to shop for clothing and accessories seen on their favorite shows. Fans can discover articles and trends, find original items, browse stylists picks and affordable alternatives. http://getthis.tv @GetThisTV
- Me Undies is a subscription-based or single-order site where men and women can buy comfortable underwear, or socks at MeBasics. http://meundies.com @MeUndies @MeBasics.
- LK3 is a design collective with a vision to build a digital community of talented thinkers & do-ers and create products with purpose inspired by innovation, technology & design. Its first prototype, the Zippered Dress Shirt, reinvents the traditional button down dress shirt with creative and versatile updates. LK3 is leveraging social media and YouTube influencers to launch exclusively on Kickstarter. facebook.com/LK3co @LK3co
- District2.Co. Cassie Betts, CEO, Founder. District2.Co is a virtual garment district which connects brands and designers with manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors within a single on-line platform. District2.co is the 2.0 upgrade for the garment industry. Members will be able to partake in and co-create a technologically advanced search engine developed specifically for the fashion industry. http://district2.co @district2ptco
- ShapeShifterZ creates custom body-shifting costumes to play, run, bike or swim. The company uses digital printing techniques to design each costume, sold online only. http://shapeshifterz.com
Visit tables featuring fashion startups that are demoing their products / service or selling their products, during the pre-post networking:
- Styku. Styku's SmartFit online fitting room makes apparel shopping easy; customers answer a few simple questions and are recommended the best fitting size of the garment. SmartFit is simple to set up, runs in a lightbox on your product page, and is A/B tested to help increase sales and lower return rates. http://styku.com @StykuSmartFit
Showcase your fashion related products or services at our Fashion Village, where you can buy a table to show your site, app, clothing, or servicer. Tables cost $250 and include a table, tablecloth, and access to power (you may need to bring an extension cord). Bring your own giveaways including candy, T-shirts, etc.
Music by Michael Benz
8:00 - 8:30pm: Check-in and Reception with drinks and appetizers, Fashion Village open
8:30 - 10pm: Runway show with presenting companies
10 - 11pm: More mingling and Fashion Village
PRESS REQUEST: Email email@example.com with PR as your subject, your fashion publication and circulation / distribution reach.
- Production: JNB Events, Cross Campus
- PR: Eliza Goodman
- Producers: Erik Huberman, Bruce Reynolds, Severin Nesselhauf, Cassie Betts
When & Where
Digital LA organizes networking events for online entertainment, marketing and advertising friends and professionals around entertainment, strartups, movies, TV/web series, music, video games, VFX/3D, including content creation, development, distribution, marketing and social media. Digital LA is the founder of the Silicon Beach Fest, a biannual startup entertainent confernece.