Digital LA - Music for Games
Tuesday, February 19, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for a panel discussion on composing music for video games. It's been a landmark year for music for games, with composer Austin Wintory nominated for a Grammy for his work in the Journey video game, the first time a video game score has been Grammy nominated. We'll discuss composing for games with top composers for games including God of War, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Fallout, Prince of Persia and more.
We'll cover: how composers work with game publishers and directors for game/ music themes and inspiration, creating music for non-linear games with several levels or different scenes, and how composers and game publishers meet to work on projects.
Our speakers include:
- Cris Velasco: Borderlands 2; God of War 1, 2 & 3; Mass Effect 2, 3; Soul Calibur 5; Warhammer: Space Marine; Borderlands; Tron: Evolution; Mortal Kombat@monarchaudio
- Inon Zur: Dragon Age, Fallout, Prince of Persia, @inonzur
- Kevin Riepl: Aliens, Gears of War, @kevinrieplmusic
- Moderator: Kevin Winston, Digital LA
- 7-7:30p: Check in and networking
- 7:30-8:30p Panel and Q&A
- 8:30-9p. Even More Networking
SPONSOR: Email firstname.lastname@example.org w MUSIC as subject
When & Where
Digital LA organizes networking events for online entertainment, marketing and advertising friends and professionals around entertainment, strartups, movies, TV/web series, music, video games, VFX/3D, including content creation, development, distribution, marketing and social media. Digital LA is the founder of the Silicon Beach Fest, a biannual startup entertainent confernece.