Digital LA - Mentorship Goes Digital Panel, presented by UCLA Anderson EDGE
Wednesday, January 29, 2014 from 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM (PST)
Los Angeles, CA
WE JUST PRINTED THE GUEST LIST ON 1/29, 5:30P. YOU CAN STILL REGISTER, BUT BRING YOUR PRINT OUT CONFIRMATION TO THE DOOR AT UCLA KORN HALL.
Let's talk mentoring in a digital era! Kevin Winston of Digital LA and UCLA Anderson EDGE are teaming up again for a panel discussion on understanding the ways mentorship has changed in a connected community! How has Facebook or LinkedIn changed the way you engage with your mentors? What do mentors get out of giving and how has digital changed the way it can improve their career? Find a mentor on Twitter? What does mentorship mean to you now? Book your calendars for Wednesday evening, January 29th at Korn UCLA Anderson School of Management
- Peter Samuelson, Film & Television Producer, founder of Everyone Deserves a Roof, Mentorship Activist, Executive Program Alum. @petergsamuelson
- Markell Steele Morris, Futures In Motion, Founder. Career Strategist & Leadership Coach , EDGE lecturer. @markellsteele
- Eric F Galen, Esq, Hertz Lichtenstein & Young, LLP. Meda/tech lawayer and venture catalyst @ericgalen.
- Daina Burnes Linton, Fashion Metric, Founder. Fashion Metric is the Pandora of Menswear – everything in your size, in stock on one virtual shelf. Lean Startup Machine and AngelHack Mentor. @dainalinton
- Kevin Winston, Digital LA, @DigitalLA @kevinwinston
- Summers McKay, UCLA Anderson EDGE, Program Director, @theandersonEDGE @summersmckay
- 6:30-7:30p. Checkin and Networking. Light snacks provided.
- 7:30-8:30p Panel with Q&A
- 8:30-9:30p Speed Networking
SUGGESTED PARKING: UCLA Lot 4, $12, credit card.
Tweet via hashtag #uclaEDGE. One Twitter user will be selected based on the quality of tweets during the panel, to receive a complimentary Silicon Beach Fest full pass to the Silicon Beach Fest startup entertainment fest this June 18-22 in Santa Monica. http://siliconbeachfest.com
UCLA Anderson EDGE is a four-week program for rising juniors, seniors, and recent college graduates who want the tools to make an immediate impact in their chosen careers. Next Application Round due Feb 15, UCLA Scholarship Applications due Feb 15, Final Applications due May 15, 2014. Program runs July 7 - Aug 1, 2014. More info: http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/executive-education/edge-program
CAREER TABLE / SPONSOR
If you're interested in sponsoring with in-kind food, non-alcoholic drinks, or want to set up a career table to promote jobs at your company, email firstname.lastname@example.org with CAREER as the subject
When & Where
Digital LA organizes networking events for online entertainment, marketing and advertising friends and professionals around entertainment, strartups, movies, TV/web series, music, video games, VFX/3D, including content creation, development, distribution, marketing and social media. Digital LA is the founder of the Silicon Beach Fest, a biannual startup entertainent confernece.