Digital Death Day
Thursday, May 20, 2010 from 9:00 PM to 5:30 PM (PDT)
Death is a part of life but what does death of the physical self mean for the digital self?
This is a conference focused on this question and others around "digital death".
- What does it mean for loved ones of the departed?
- What does it mean for professionals in end of life care and post mortem services?
- What does it mean for online tool and service providers?
- What does it mean for estate and legacy planners?
- What do people do to prepare for their own deaths in relationship to their online life?
- What do friends and relatives do with the digital assets of a loved one when they die? What if aspects of their online life were secret or just not understood?
- What does it mean for governments and public records?
- What businesses are serving this market?
Why are we just asking questions here - aren't there going to be "panels" with the answers? Well this is a different kind of conference - at this conference all the people who attend are the participants and together at 9am the day of the event are facilitated through a process that creates a multi-track conference agenda about this theme. The range and diversity of participants will mean that there will be many rich discussions about all these topic areas. “Answers” will be found in the discussions in the collective wisdom of the group. Notes will be gathered from all of the sessions, aggregated, posted online and shared with all attendees.
This event is for:
- People planning their Digital Wills
- Online Social Networks
- Companies offering services for digital afterlife management
- Death Care Professionals
- Estate Planners
- Legacy Planners
- End of Life Planners
- Death Attorneys
- Hospice volunteers
This event immediately follows the 10th Internet Identity Workshop May 17-19 in the same location. Kaliya Hamlin is the designer and facilitator of both events and both are professional unconferences.
If you would like more information about the event e-mail Jennifer Holmes - email@example.com
We also have sponsorship opportunities available e-mail Jennifer Holmes - firstname.lastname@example.org