DIFFA's COCKTAILS BY DESIGN San Francisco
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
ABOUT COCKTAILS BY DESIGN
Designers and guests mingle, preview table installations, sip fine La Crema wines paired with culinary tastes from top Bay Area chefs/restaurants and enjoy special cocktails by Patrón Tequila.
COCKTAILS BY DESIGN CUISINE BY:
Bisou, Nespresso, Chef Tyler Stone, Samovar Tea Lounge, and Wellesley Park
This year, DIFFA-partner Kitchit selected many of its most popular Bay Area chefs to cook up a diverse array of small bites that will pair with the festivities. These chefs, featured on Kitchit.com/DIFFA, include:
- Damon Stainbrook is a former French Laundry Sous Chef opening his own BBQ joint, Pig in a Pickle, in Corte Madera in April.
- Andre Villahermosa, a former sous chef at the Ritz and Michael Mina, is now cooking up adventurous and meticulous cuisine as an independent chef.
- Marisa Cole is an Italian-trained veteran private chef who's run the private kitchens of SF moguls for more than a decade.
- Tiffany Friedman is a seasoned line-cook at many of the North Bay's premier restaurants, now earning rave reviews on Kitchit.
- Lisa Hines, once the private chef of Charles Schwab and Sous Chef of SOMA go-to LuLu, is now head "Food Fashionista" at Bella Luxe.
- Luis Lagos is a freelance chef specializing in Latin flavors he's honed since opening his first restaurant on a remote beach in Mexico.
- Nicole Poirier is a freelance chef who's racked up some of the best Kitchit reviews in San Francisco.
- Miriam Russel-Wadleigh is the longtime Executive Chef of San Carlos' New American favorite Piacere.
- Adam Sanchez is another French Laundry alum currently at the helm of his own premium catering brand, Ladies Who Lunch Events.
- Laetitia Verdeaux is owner of Potrero-based Crepe Madame, the Bay Area's premiere expert in crepes and artisan chocolate sauce.
MORE ON OUR EVENT
DINING BY DESIGN San Francisco 2013 features awe-inspiring dinner table installations created by leading and emerging designers and underwritten by corporate and private table hosts. Past participants have included architects, interior/floral/furniture/ landscape/product designers, graphic artists, catering and event companies, retailers and art/design schools.
2013 TABLE HOSTS AND DESIGNERS
|Academy of Art University||John K. Anderson Design|
|ASID California North – Emerging Professionals||Kravet, Inc.
|AIDS Healthcare Foundation||Martha Ehrenfeld and Carla McKay|
|Barbara Waldman and Dennis Winger||One Workplace|
|California Home + Design||Pottery Barn|
|CLIMB Real Estate||Randall A. Shields, John Vaughn and friends|
|Cluster by Tyler Bradford||San Francisco State University Interiors Program|
|Design Plus Consignment Gallery||SHELTER CO|
|Design Within Reach||Skout It|
|Donald Dewsnup Design||Susan Zaring Design|
|Eric Murphy and Tim Wu||The McLoughlin Gallery|
|FIDM: Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising||Westfield|
|Friends of UCSF AIDS Research Institute|
National tour sponsors are La Crema Wines and Patrón Tequila.
Also new this year is a Student Design Initiative, funded by the Angelo Donghia Foundation, which offers stipends to three design school programs to create innovative table installations guided by a veteran designer. Schools selected this year are Academy of Art University’s School of Interior Architecture and Design, FIDM, the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, and the interior design program at San Francisco State University.
Since 1984, DIFFA events like DINING BY DESIGN have raised more than $40 million for HIV/AIDS care nationwide. Local event proceeds support low-income patients at the city’s largest HIV/AIDS clinic, the UCSF Positive Health Program – also known as “Ward 86” – at San Francisco General Hospital.
NEW FOR 2013
A tantalizing Silent Auction will be featured throughout the two-day event. Luxury items available for the top bidder include fine furnishings and art, travel packages, beauty and spa treatments, extraordinary wines and vineyard tours, dining experiences and more.