Develop With Passion® (.Net) - Remote
Monday, October 1, 2012 at 9:00 AM - Friday, October 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM (CDT)
Develop With Passion® is a five day boot camp that will focus on pragmatically applying .Net within the context of leveraging and building upon a solid core of fundamental OO and design principles. Registrants will learn about advanced features of .Net coupled with fundamental concepts that can be applied irrespective of language and platform.
If you are expecting to come to this course to learn about how to have VS.Net automatically generate an “application” for you, then this course is NOT for you.
This course is all about taking control of the .Net framework and having it work the way you want. This course will place a heavy emphasis on getting back to the basics and making .Net do things the way you want it to, in a predictable and testable way.
This course will focus on a code centric view of application development vs. the typical databinding/designer magic covered by many typical .Net courses. You will walk away with a deep understanding of fundamental aspects of .Net, and more importantly, a deep understanding of how timeless design principles and practices fit in with the big scheme of application design and development.
Core Concepts Overview
- Expanding the capabilities of developing with VS.Net - Enter ReSharper (a productivity add-in for Visual Studio .Net)
- There’s more to life than generated code
- Automation for the developer
- Generics ( they’re not just for collections )
- Back to basics - Rules Of Good Object Oriented Design
- Dependency Injection
- Applying the dependency inversion principle
- Front Controller Web Architecture
- Creating layered architectures
- Driving out functionality and design through testing
- Applying Behavior Driven Development
- Core design patterns applied
- Pragmatic Productivity Tools For Developers
Although the list may look rather daunting, the majority of the bullet points will be covered during the evolutionary design and construction of the sample project.
The course will allow students to pragmatically apply BDD practices as well as teach people how to utilize fundamental OO concepts and techniques that will allow for them to have cleaner, more loosely coupled architectures.
- 5 intense days of bootcamp style instruction
- $70/US Book Allowance on Amazon.com
- ReSharper License or $70 extra amazon credit
People are required to bring their own laptops with the following software installed to be used during class:
- Visual Studio 2008/2010
- ReSharper 5.1 (trial license installation will suffice if you do not own a license, as you will be provided a full license during class).
- Windows 7/XP/Vista
- Test Driven .Net (not required, but recommended)