Military Service and Veteran’s Resource Fair - Vendor Registration
- University of Phoenix - Detroit Main Campus, Southfield MI
Congratulations on your achievement!
You have been registered to attend the Detroit Campus Commencement ceremony on June 15, 2013.
The following invitation is for updates regarding the ceremony. Please register below to receive tips and updates that will help you prepare for a day of celebration on June 15, 2013. You will start receiving periodical updates about the event.
UPCOMING GRADUATION FAIRS
April 15—18 from 5:00 pm—8:00 pm
April 20 and May 4 from 9:00 am—Noon
If you would like to order your cap and gown online please go to www.herffjones.com/college/graduation
NATIONAL ANTHEM AUDITIONS
Do you wish to sing the National Anthem at the 2013 Commencement Ceremony at Ford Field?
If so, come to the national anthem auditions!
Students eligible and participating in the 2013 Commencement Ceremony are able to audition.
When: Friday, May 10, 2013
Where: Southfield Learning Center
26261 Evergreen Rd. Suite 135
Southfield, MI 48076
To register, contact Cherie McMillian at 248.675.3712 or email@example.com
Please register by May 3, 2013. Duets and groups are encouraged to participate!
Please be aware and mindful of the following guidelines for participation in the Commencement Ceremony:
· Arrive at 9:00 AM to ensure adequate preparation.
· Graduates are required to stay until the ceremony is complete and degrees have been conferred.
· No cell phones may be used during the ceremony.
· Do not carry a large purse. Try to utilize a small handbag or a waist-pack that can be discreetly hidden under your graduation gown.
· Graduates must wear flat shoes to protect the artificial turf. No heel – spike, chunk or otherwise – will be allowed on the field (wedges are acceptable, as long as the sole is flat). Graduates who do not wear flat shoes will not be allowed to participate. It is recommended that graduates wear comfortable shoes as they may be standing/walking for a couple of hours.
We know your family and friends are proud of you and so are we. We hope that by holding the ceremony early, it will give you the rest of the day to celebrate. Please communicate the following graduation tips to all your guests:
· Establish a meeting place outside when the ceremony is over. You will want to be able to find each other quickly to begin your celebration!
· Only graduates are allowed on the field.
· Professional photographers will be taking pictures of each graduate for purchase.
· There will be “photo spots” in the main lobby to give graduates a nice background for their own pictures with family and friends.
· Tell your guests not to bring any helium balloons to the ceremony. Ford Field does not allow them.
· Accepting flowers/gifts once on the field is prohibited. Please wait until you meet up with your guests.
· Guests cannot go down the tunnel to take pictures or meet the graduate. Ford Field security officers will stop them.
· Ford Field /University of Phoenix are not responsible for items left on the premises, so be sure to gather all of your belongings.
· Concessions will be available for purchase.
SHARE YOUR STORY!
Would you like to share your University of Phoenix experience with future grad students? Tell us about your journey. Send your story, along with a photograph of yourself, to firstname.lastname@example.org. You could see your story at the commencement ceremony! Entries must be received by Friday, May 24, 2013.
MORE OPPORTUNITIES TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CEREMONY
· Student’s M.A.D. (Making A Difference) Award
· Student Triumph! Award
We are interested in hearing more about your community involvement, recognition, and more!! Call Taqueta Perry at 248.675.3755 for more information!
HONOR CORDS/HONOR SOCIETIES CORDS
What is the difference between an Honor Society Cord and a University of Phoenix Honor Cord?
University of Phoenix Honor Cords: Awarded to undergraduate students who have completed the program with a minimum 3.85 GPA. Graduates must have satisfied all the degree program requirements by 5/1/2013 in order to be eligible to receive the cord. The cords are mailed to the eligible students prior to the ceremony.
Honor Societies Cords: Students who join an honor society and pay the appropriate dues will receive the cord following each society’s operating procedures. Students are awarded society honor cords by satisfying criteria set forth by the societies. These review and approval processes are not associated with the University of Phoenix's practices and approval process for participation in commencement.
Dominika Lazarska, MBA
Whether you earn your degree online or in a classroom setting, you'll get the same benefits we offer all our students—a dedicated team of advisors, small classroom sizes and experienced instructors. In addition to degree programs, many of our campus locations offer professional development workshops, tutoring, computer labs and other resources designed to give you the support you need to accomplish your academic goals. Our accessible education has made it possible for nearly half a million working professionals to earn their degrees. Start investing in yourself. Visit one of our locations near you today.
Locations near you:
Detroit Main Campus - Southfield
Downtown Detroit Learning Center
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.