Designing the Right Product at the Right Price
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (EDT)
Join Georgia Tech for a free networking event and find out how Ash Dhokte, product engineering manager at Purafil, helps his company:
- Introduce market needs and financial feasibility during new product design
- Design products, taking into account manufacturability, supply chain, and cost control to reduce time to market
- Standardize products and components, making an impact on global operations
Come Prepared to Discuss…
During the event, we will be running a speed networking session. Please be prepared to share information on one or more of the following topics:
- At what point does your organization involve manufacturing in the design process? Is the timing right?
- Do you use cross-functional teams for new product development? What job functions make up the team?
- How often are you having to adjust the product design after market launch?
The Business Excellence Meetings are a quarterly networking and learning event and are hosted by the Georgia Manufacturing Extension Partnership (GaMEP) at Georgia Tech. Meetings are facilitated by Bill Ritsch, Larry Alford, and Craig Cochran of Georgia Tech.
When & Where
Georgia's Manufacturing Extension Partnership (GaMEP) at Georgia Tech
The Georgia Manufacturing Extension Partnership (GaMEP) is a program of Georgia Tech’s Enterprise Innovation Institute and is a member of the national MEP network supported by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The GaMEP, with offices in nine regions across the state, has been serving Georgia manufacturers since 1960. With a broad range of industrial expertise, the GaMEP helps manufacturing companies across Georgia grow and stay competitive. It offers a solution-based approach through technical assistance, coaching, education, and connections to Georgia Tech, industry and state resources designed to increase top line growth and reduce bottom line cost.