Dee Fink and Associates Integrated Course Design Workshop at SCSU
Thursday, October 23, 2014 at 7:30 AM - Friday, October 24, 2014 at 5:00 PM (PDT)
St Cloud, MN
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning at St. Cloud State University presents:
Dee Fink and Associates’ Two-Day Integrated Course Design Workshop: Designing Courses for Significant Learning, facilitated by L. Dee Fink.
Thursday, October 23, 8:30am-5:00pm &
Friday, October 24, 8:30am-5:00pm
Glacier Room, Atwood Memorial Center
All participants will receive a copy of Dee Fink’s Book: “Creating Significant Learning Experiences: An Integrated Approach to Designing College Courses" & an Integrated Course Design Workshop Certificate.
The “Take Aways”
- See the significance of course design within the array of tasks involved in teaching,
- Identify their own “Dreams” for student learning,
- Understand the overall model of Integrated Course Design and the initial steps in applying the key components,
- Work in small groups to design a hypothetical course,
- Engage in a full application of these ideas to one of their own courses.
- Find answers to common questions that arise when using the process.
Registration is open to Faculty Members from SCSU, SCTCC, and CSB/SJU.
- Registration Fees:
- SCSU Faculty – FREE
- CSB/SJU Faculty - FREE
- SCTCC Faculty - $100
- Registration includes lunch and refreshments for both days and a copy of Dee Fink’s book “Creating Significant Learning Experiences”.
For more information on Dee Fink and Associates, please visit: http://www.deefinkandassociates.com/
SCSU Faculty: Please obtain a permission for work revision (page 2 of the Travel Authorization form here) and make necessary changes to course schedules. For more information on the Course Design Initiative and certificate program, please visit http://www.stcloudstate.edu/teaching/