A Celebration of Maryland Wine & Racing
:::BREAKING NEWS–UPDATE–FESTIVAL STILL ON::: Due to inclement weather forecasts, the Decanter Wine Festival is MOVING FROM THE INFIELD INTO THE 2nd FLOOR GRANDSTAND AT PIMLICO! The hours, vendors, wineries, betting mutuels, music are all the same, but we will be inside a secure building, safe from the thunderstorms and dreary weather of the weekend. The new location has an outdoor viewing deck for your use, with front row views to the races, while enjoying wine from 20 local wineries!
The Maryland Wineries Association presents DECANTER—the second annual event to highlight the heritage and tradition of both Maryland wine and Maryland horse racing—on April 21-22, 2012 at historic Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, home of the Preakness Stakes.
- de•cant [verb]: to aerate a fine wine by pouring into an ornate glass vessel;
- can•ter [noun]: a controlled gait between a trot and a gallop;
- de•cant•er [noun]: an event at Pimlico Race Course combining the traditions of Maryland wine and Maryland horse racing.
Enjoy a unique infield view of live horse races, samples of fine Maryland wine, great food, and wine & equine focused arts & crafts at Pimlico Race Course.
Enjoy [and bet on] live turf and dirt racing throughout the day from the unique perspective of Pimlico's infield.
Upgrade to a "Decanter Pass" and take home a beautiful full sized wine glass and try samples of premier wines from each winery.
- $30 General Admission – Patrons enjoy a unique infield vantage point to all turf and dirt races of the day, samples of fine Maryland wine from Free State wineries, access to local artisans, specialty food, and equine and wine arts & crafts—all under the Turfside Terrace tent.
- $50 Decanter Pass – Includes all of the above, plus a full size Riedel wine glass, samples of an exclusive Decanter wine from each attending winery, and a six bottle carrying bag.
- $50 for a two-day General Admission Pass
- $90 for a two-day Decanter Pass.
- $20 Designated Driver & Youth
- General admission for non-drinkers and guests 11-20 years old.
- Under 10 = FREE!
- DISCOUNTS— Maryland Wine PASSPORT holders who have entered six or more codes on Marylandwine.com get an additional $5 off advance tickets.
Rules & Regs
The Maryland Wineries Association and the Maryland Jockey Club reserve the right to remove any guest for any reason. No outside food or beverages permitted. Only Maryland Wine is available on the infield, and no open containers may leave the infield. No pets allowed. No pop-up tents allowed. Event is rain or shine; no refunds for any reason. Enjoy Maryland wine responsibly.