What is CityCampDC?
CityCampDC is an unconference (a facilitated, participant-driven conference centered on a theme or purpose) dedicated to bringing people together who are passionate about building a better District of Columbia. There is a 300 person limit for this event, and 50 person limits for each ticket type.
It's very simple:
1) You arrive and everyone introduces themselves, provides a 3 'keyword context' of what you're interested in, and have the opportunity to propose a session you want to lead or join
2) A schedule is built for the day and session leaders are assigned rooms and times
3) Collaboration and learning occurs
4) On the second day of CityCamp "Civic Innovation Teams" will start out on-site across the city, getting hyper-local by focusing on specific neighbhorhoods and organizations. We then return to GW to debrief and talk about the future.
What are its Goals?
1. Bring together local government officials, civic organizations, social entrepreneurs, technologists, and creatives to share perspectives, insights and ideas
2. Establish plans of action for individuals and organizations to carry forth post-camp
Who's facilitating this?
Peter Corbett (full bio) will facilitate CityCampDC. He's the CEO of iStrategyLabs and the co-creator of Digital Capital Week, Gov 2.0 Camp, TransparencyCamp, PublicMediaCamp and a bunch of other stuff. You can see an overview of how a camp like this work here: PublicMediaCamp Intro Video.
How do I connect with CityCampDC Partcipants?
- Join the CityCampDC Google Group
- Following @CityCampDC on twitter and use #citycampdc as tag in all social media
- The wiki will contain documentation of this camp
What's the Agenda?
PLEASE PLAN TO ARRIVE BY 12:30 AT THE LATEST!
When & Where
iStrategyLabs & Shiny Heart Ventures
iStrategyLabs is a digital agency focused on providing clients with interactive strategy, experiential marketing and content creation services. Find out more at www.iStrategyLabs.com