It is a strategic thinker’s training ground for going after the digital consumer.
In 2014 there will be hundreds of conferences and events on digital—where you can go and hear how other companies are faring with their efforts at courting the digital consumer. But there’s only one place you will go and actually learn and practice decision-making skills to guide your company’s digital consumer strategic plan: Stone Mantel and Erwin Penland present Summer Camp, July 17-18 in Boulder, Colorado.
Summer Camp is not a conference. It is a strategic thinker’s training ground for going after the digital consumer. We have designed a program where you will learn how to attract, retain, and innovate for digital consumers—especially when you are not Google or Apple, and you can’t give everything away.
Summer Camp will employ case studies, primary research, and foundational strategic platforms to guide our campers in shaping their thinking. Practice your skills at skating to where the consumer will be in two to five years and the strategic decisions your company will need to make. Get hands on advice from peers and professionals on how to gather the insights you need for using digital. And – excitingly – you will have a chance to be a part of chartering the research agenda for the 2014 Digital Consumer Collaborative, scheduled to kick off this coming fall.
We’ll have several main camp activities in play, with different takes on digital opportunities and challenges. You will have the option to sample between topic areas or go deep in one category—just like camp. Some examples of the activities our camp counselors will lead you in include:
- Work on case studies that directly relate to challenges you face
- Go deep around key behaviors of digital consumers
- Apply frameworks designed for digital strategy to your challenges
We won’t send you into the woods alone…you’ll have the best guides and information to ensure a successful experience! The lessons, frameworks, and wisdom we’ll provide will transform your thinking in:
- Digital Context: How mobile, sensors, data, social, location, and queuing are combining to change individual decision-making.
- Digital Ethnography: New techniques to go deep into the lives of digital consumers.
- Insights straight from the 2013 Digital Consumer Collaborative on how people shop, travel, game, work, and accomplish their aspirations—or don’t—because of digital devices.
- Strategy and design thinking for producing Customer Happiness through digital
- How to get functional, emotional, social, and aspirational jobs done for customers through digital.
Camping Trip Agenda
So what does your journey look like for those two days?
- When you sign up, we will conduct a 20-minute interview with you to assess your situation and your goals & objectives for Summer Camp. You will be invited to join a Basecamp group where you will be introduced to others who are attending and get access to key PowerPoint presentations ahead of time.
- When you arrive in Boulder, you will meet your Summer Camp friends and join in the fun. You will be given a suggested itinerary based on your goals and objectives.
- On Personal Workout Day/July 17, plan on an intensive series of activities that will force you to think harder about consumer behavior and business strategy than you thought possible.
- On Half Day/July 18, apply your thinking to real world situations and get immediate feedback and ideas for your organization.
Not ready to go home just yet? Well, at the end of Summer Camp, you can sign up for additional one-on-one time with your camp guide to sort through all of the research we share, gather the insights that pertain to your situation, and develop a strategic plan for your needs.
Reserve Your Campsite
Ready to “pitch your tent?” Registration for Summer Camp 2014 is now open! Reserve your space for this coming July 17-18 in Boulder, Colorado.
And don’t just come on your own! Just like real camp, this is one trip you can bring the whole family to. Spouses and adult children are welcome to accompany you and enjoy the many wonderful recreational activities in the Boulder area. (And just so you know we won’t be roughing it, we’ll be staying at the world-class St. Julien Hotel & Spa, located in the heart of Boulder’s historic downtown.)
If you’d like more details on Summer Camp or have specific questions on lodging or activities, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (303) 814-3627 to find out more.
When & Where
Stone Mantel is an insights consultancy focused on creating meaningful brand experiences. To learn more, go to www.gostonemantel.com.