DCAA Compliant QuickBooks Boot Camp
If you are a federal contractor using QuickBooks accounting software, this two-day boot camp will explain government cost accounting requirements for DCAA Compliance.
The first day of the class will cover direct and indirect costs, unallowable costs, indirect rate calculations, DCAA Compliant Chart of Accounts and the requirements for a DCAA Compliant accounting system.
The second day of the class will demonstrate how government contractors can configure QuickBooks and follow proper accounting procedures in order to pass a DCAA Audit.
As a bonus, class also includes using Solvability’s indirect rates model to develop actual and forecasted indirect rates for pricing and reporting.
In Day 1, our class in basics of government contract accounting includes:
- Requirements for a DCAA Compliant accounting system
- Elements of a DCAA compliant timesheet and labor distribution system
- Understanding Cost accounting requirements based on accrual methods
- Direct, indirect and unallowable costs
- Contract types and billing requirements
- Indirect rate strategies
- Computing indirect rates for competitive pricing
- Review of FAR 31.205 unallowable costs
In Day 2, our hands-on class in DCAA Compliant QuickBooks includes:
- Preferences and settings to configure QuickBooks for DCAA compliance
- Setting up a DCAA Compliant Chart of Accounts
- Configuring Customers & Jobs, Employee Data, Service Items and Payroll items
- Business rules for coding transactions to streamline reporting and billing
- Controlling timing and reporting issues to provide Cost accounting based on accrual methods
- Creating invoices based on contract requirements
- Reporting of cost and revenue
- Computing indirect rates based on your income statement
- DCAA Accounting System Checklist SF1408
Due to limited space per class, early registration is suggested.
No Refunds, no exceptions. If there is an emergency, you can elect to have someone sit in your seat for you, or if there is another student we can fill you seat with, we will make attempts to reschedule you in a future class. Classes may be rescheduled if minimum enrollment is not reached.
Questions? Give us a call. 256-971-2728 or email email@example.com