San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Leading SAFe ScrumXP Course and SP (SAFe Practitioner) Certification
SAFe Practitioner certification program is for software developers, testers, project managers, product managers, and other practitioners involved in software development. It validates their knowledge in applying SAFe ScrumXP (Scrum, Lean, and XP inspired practices) in an enterprise context so that they can prepare for the adoption of the Scaled Agile FrameworkTM at the team and program levels.
- 1+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management.
- Attend the 2-day SAFe ScrumXP Course.
- For those who want the SP Certification, pass the SP Exam.
DESCRIPTION AND CONTENT OF LEADING SAFe COURSE
The two-day SAFe ScrumXP for Teams course goes well beyond Scrum. It teaches Lean thinking tools, roles, processes, and the software engineering practices necessary to achieve the code quality you need to scale Scrum to your enterprise business context. The course is intended for new teams in an enterprise agile adoption program or can be used to re-baseline existing Scrum teams as required for scaling.
The course consists of lecture, experiential activities, and exercises to begin building actual team backlogs in preparation for the agile transformation. By the end of the course, teams will be ready for their first program-level release planning meeting, part of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Agile Release Train (ART).
The course begins with the principles of scaling: Lean thinking tools, Agile development practices at scale, and an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework.
Following this, teams learn the best practices for building quality software in a timebox.
High performing agile teams, the Scrum Master role, and the Product Owner role. At scale, teams, Scrum Masters, and Product Owners have additional responsibilities and challenges.
Writing user stories and other backlog items, sizing and prioritizing using lean economics via Weighted Shortest Job First, writing acceptance criteria, and building acceptance tests. At scale, team backlogs are part of the enterprise.
Planning, backlog grooming, tracking, demoing, and continuous improvement. At scale, these include team-level and program-level ceremonies and events.
Software Engineering Practices
Strategies to avoid "waterfalling” a sprint, TDD, ATTD, automated testing, and continuous integration. At scale, technology and practices must also facilitate distributed development.
Launching the Agile Release Train (ART)
Preparation for the first program-level Release Planning Meeting.
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Form their teams (Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and developers/testers) in an enterprise context by understanding the team, program, and enterprise roles; operating under enterprise governance; and applying lean and agile principles.
- Operate within timeboxes to incrementally build and deliver high quality software.
- Continuously improve their team and the program through the application of lean principles and agile practices at scale.
- Build higher quality enterprise software faster through the application of agile software engineering practices.
- Work effectively with Product and Program Management as part of an Agile Release Train to deliver complex enterprise solutionsApply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts.
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources.
- Gain the insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context.
When & Where
Raman Technologies, Inc
Raman Technologies Inc is an international, corporate provider for agile and project management training, and coaching. As a learning provider, we offer courses for certified scrum master, certified scrum product owner, certified scrum developer, project management – agile certified practitioner, and other project management preparatory training. Our courses also count towards professional development unit (PDU) credits. Raman Technologies does public and private training. Please contact us for more details if your organization is interested in private training or coaching.
At Raman Technologies, we are also developing a cloud-based, agile project management tool, called Cognosco. This tool is truly collaborative and fun with no hassles. Log in using your LinkedIn credentials to create or join a project. You can manage any type of project with our tool – not just software projects. It is intuitive, interactive, and easy to use. Your project dashboard will display agile metrics to help monitor the progress, milestones, and interact with other team members that are online, etc. Cognosco will help you facilitate and record your notes from sprint reviews to retrospectives, and provide a repository of real time agile information to make your project a success. To learn more, please visit our product page.
Visit www.ramantech.com for more information.