DC Net Impact and United Nations Association of the National Capital Area: November Happy Hour
Wednesday, November 9, 2011 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EST)
DC Net Impact Professional Chapter (DCNI)
United Nations Association of the National Capital Area
Sustainable Development Committee (UNA-NCA-SDC)
November Happy Hour
WHEN: Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
WHAT: This month DC Net Impact Professional Chapter and the Sustainable Development Committee of United Nations Association of the National Capital Area Chapter join together to host a networking happy hour for chapter members, guests, and other like-minded professionals.
- ABOUT DCNI: The mission of DC Net Impact (DCNI) Professional Chapter is to inspire, educate, and equip the National Capital Area community and beyond to use the power of business to create a more socially and environmentally sustainable world. We provide quality programs, timely resources, an active network, and relevant professional development opportunities to our members engaged in improving the world. We aim to facilitate leadership in corporate social responsibility, social entrepreneurship, nonprofit management, international development, green business management, environmental sustainability, and other related fields. We are honored by the awards and recognition our chapter consistently earns for outstanding accomplishments. For more information, please visit the DCNI Professional chapter website: http://dcnetimpact.wordpress.com/, and the main Net Impact website: http://netimpact.org/
- ABOUT UNA-NCA-SDC: The Sustainable Development Committee of the United Nations Association of the National Capital Area (UNA-NCA-SDC) promotes understanding of the priority attention being given by the United Nations to the issues of climate change and the responsibilities of governments and citizens to act. The Committee is also dedicated to increasing awareness and support of the Millennium Development Goals: End Poverty and Hunger, Universal Education, Gender Equality, Child Health, Maternal Health, Combat HIV/AIDS, Environmental Sustainability, and Global Partnership. For more information, please visit the National Capital Area chapter website: http://www.unanca.org, the main UN website: http://www.un.org/ and the UN sustainability website: http://www.greeningtheblue.org/.
SOCIAL MEDIA: We will be tweeting live from the event to hash tags #DCNI #NetImpact,. Our Twitter handle is @DC_Net_Impact. Please join us!
WHERE: Café Asia, 1720 I St. NW, Washington, DC 20006 (Farragut North/West) http://www.cafeasiadc.com/. Please look for the table with the DCNI/UNA sign.
DIRECTIONS: In the spirit of sustainability, we encourage you to use public transportation:
- METRO: Farragut North (Red) and Farragut West (Orange/Blue)
- PARKING: If taking public transportation is not possible, garage and limited street parking are available.
EVENT FEE: No cost to attend, food/drinks are individual responsibility.
REGISTRATION: Please confirm your RSVP via Eventbrite.
- Please select ticket price appropriate to your membership status with DC Net Impact Professional Chapter or the United Nations Association of the National Capital Area Chapter. Your membership status will be verified prior to the event.
- Please note that subscription to the DC Net Impact Meetup Group does not equal paid membership to Net Impact or the DC Net Impact Professional Chapter.
- If you are not currently a paid member of DC Net Impact Professional Chapter, you may join at: http://j.mp/JoinNetImpact. Select “Washington, DC Professional” as your primary chapter affiliation when you complete your profile.
- To receive the member discount at DCNI events, you must select “Washington DC Professional” as your primary home chapter affiliation in your Net Impact profile in order to show up in our database and qualify for the discounted price.
- Ticket purchase is final and non-refundable, unless DCNI cancels the event.
- Additional available space and tickets cannot be guaranteed at the door, advance registration is recommended.
When & Where
DC Net Impact
Net Impact is a leading nonprofit that empowers a new generation to use their careers to drive transformational change in the workplace and the world.
At the heart of our community are over 60,000 student and professional leaders from over 300 volunteer-led chapters across the globe working for a sustainable future. Together, we make a net impact that transforms our lives, our organizations, and the world.
The DC Net Impact (DCNI) professional chapter works to inspire, educate and equip professionals to use the power of business to make the vision of a more socially and environmentally responsible world a reality. Whether you’re looking to meet like-minded people through networking events, build your skills through workshops and webinars, or use your business expertise to make local change, DCNI will connect you to the people, ideas, and programs to help you succeed.