San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
*** Advance $5/person ticket sales closed on Thursday, October 24 at 5:00 pm, but door sales will be available for $10/person beginning at 5:30 pm. ***
Celebrate the evolution of honoring loved ones lost each year on All Souls Day in the reception for "Day of the Dead: Art of Día de los Muertos," an all-new exhibit featuring contemporary art and installations by California artists John Huerta, David Lozeau and Rob-O now open at The California Museum. A journey through life, love and death, the exhibit was developed in partnership with the Sacramento Arts & Business Council and Sugar Skull Art in recognition of Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Exhibit artists John Huerta, David Lozeau & Rob-O
- Cocktails & hors d'oeuvres by Mayahuel Restaurant & Tequila Museum
- Ceremonial blessing & performance by Xiuhcoatl Danza Azteca dance troop
- Face painting by Carmen Avila
- Sugar skull decorating & kids' crafts
- Much more, don't miss it!
Sponsored by California Legislative Latino Caucus & Mayahuel Restaurant & Tequila Museum.
- Day-of door sales: $10.00 per person, doors open at 5:30 pm
- ID requirements: All ages welcome but guests who wish to enjoy cocktails must be 21 years old or older with valid ID.
- Transportation & parking options: The Museum is located at Regional Transit's Archives Plaza Light Rail stop, and free parking is available in a surface street lot across from the Museum on the corner of 10th and O Streets beginning at 5:30 pm.
- Questions: Email email@example.com
- Registration/ticket transferrable: Yes.
- Printed ticket to the event? Yes.
- Refund policy: All sales final, no refunds.
When & Where
A self-supporting 501(c)3 non-profit, the California Museum — home of the California Hall of Fame — engages, educates and enlightens people about California’s rich history and unique contributions to the world through ideas, innovation, the arts and culture. Through interactive and innovative experiences, the Museum inspires men, women and children to dream the California dream and dares them to make their own mark on history. Open Tues.-Sat. 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Bank of America Museums On Us Sun. of each month: 12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Admission: adults $9.00; college students & seniors $8.00 with valid ID; youth 6-17: $7.00; children 5 & under free. For more information, visit CaliforniaMuseum.org