It’s what you do with data.
Interest in data science has exploded in 2013. Organizations have realized that data science and data analytics represent perhaps the biggest opportunity to drive dramatic change and opportunity in their businesses today. And with the speed at which data science is evolving, they are working hard to not only understand the potential and inspire their teams—but to make smart bets on people, technology and vision.
VentureBeat’s DataBeat 2013 event is moving past the current obsession with “Big Data” and making its own bet on data science by presenting the Data Science Summit 2013, a renowned third year event exploring the biggest challenges and opportunities in data science.
Join us and...
- Gain an understanding of how data science has evolved in 2013 and plug into the important conversations of 2014
- Be inspired by real world use cases directly from the most innovative companies that are seeing measurable value from data science
- Learn about the data science innovations those companies leverage, the insights they’ve gained, and the competitive advantage they’re seeing
- Meet the new breed of data scientists — to understand where they come from, what they do, and why you need them working for you
- Hear how leading organizations are shifting to better leverage data science opportunity, and what lessons they’ve learned
- Get a clear picture of the true business value that modern data science brings
By blending VentureBeat’s strength in covering the business opportunity offered by disruptive technology, together with the Data Science Summit community, this event will offer an unparalleled cross-section of ideas from top data scientists, executives, academics, and journalists.
Join us for a two day roadmap that will take you give you an understanding of how you need to be approaching data science today to create real business value. Check out the working agenda here.
- Jim Baer, Senior Director of Data Science, LinkedIn
- Josh James, Founder & CEO, Domo
- Monica Rogati, VP of Data, Jawbone
- John Henry Clippinger, Founder & Executive Director, ID3, MIT Media Lab
- Michael Driscoll, Co-Founder & CEO, Metamarkets
- Peter Skomoroch, Entrepreneur, Data Scientist & Product Leader
- Roger Magoulas, Director of Market Research, O'Reilly Media
- Steven Hillion, Chief Product Officer, Alpine Data Labs
- Ashok Srivastava, Chief Data Scientist, Verizon
- John Mattison, MD, Chief Medical Information Officer, Kaiser Permanente
- Richard Snee, Event Co-Chair, CMO, Pivotal
- Matt Marshall, Founder & Editor-in-Chief, VentureBeat
- Diego Klabjan, Director of Master of Science in Analytics Program, Northwestern University
- Vinod Khosla, Partner,Khosla Ventures
- John Foreman, Chief Data Scientist, MailChimp
- Chris Pouliot, Head of Data Science, Lyft
- Joseph Hellerstein, Prof.of Comp. Science, UC Berkeley, Founder, Trifacta
- Vineet Singh, VP Data Science & Analytics, Intuit
- Vikram Somaya, GM, WeatherFX, The Weather Company
- Scott Yara, SVP of Products & Platform, Pivotal
- Steve Hirsch, SVP of Products & Platform, Pivotal
- Jeremy Howard, Data Science Faculty, Singularity University
- Tim Guleri, Managing Director, Sierra Ventures
- Pete Warden, CTO, Jetpac
- Anil Varma, Data Science COE Head, GF Software Center of Excellence
- Sebastian Thrun, Co-Founder & CEO, Udacity
- Annika Jimenez, Global Head of Data Science Services, Pivotal
- Alon Halevy, Researcher, Google
- Joel Dudley, Director of Biomedical Informatics, Icahn School of Medicine, Mt. Sinai
- Pek Lum, Chief Data Scientist & VP of Solutions, Ayasdi
- Tarek Kamil, Executive Director, InfoMotion Sports Technologies
- Rohan Deuskar, Co-Founder & CEO, Stylitics
- Ari Gesher, Senior Software Engineer, Palantir
- Jason Fass, CEO, Zepp Labs
- Sean Gourley, CTO, Quid
- Jure Leskovec, Assistant Professor, Stanford University
- Robert W. Wrubel, EVP & CIO, Apollo Group, Inc.
- Adam Ghobarah, PhD, Google Ventures
- David Gerster, VP of Data Science, BigML
- Mike Dauber, Partner, Battery Ventures
- Ping Li, Partner, Accel Partners
- Sean Knapp, Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer, Ooyala
- Stephen Sorkin, CSO, Splunk
For full event details, go here.
*Tickets are non-refundable within 30 days of the event.
Have questions about DataBeat 2013?