Database Configuration and Tuning
Friday, February 22, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Mountain View, CA
Real World Database Configuration and Tuning
Speaker: Kevin Kline, SQL Server MVP and Director of Engineering at SQL Sentry
This multi-module full day seminar covers best practices for database and application design and configuration, implementation, maintenance and performance tuning.
This session has a special focus on IT organizations with large SQL Server deployments.
- Bare metal tuning of server and disk configuration
- Benchmarking performance
- Physical machine versus virtual machine deployment
- Database conceptual design and normalization through to physical deployment of databases, indexing and partitioning
- Understanding SQL Server query performance
- Identifying performance bottlenecks and resolving performance issues
- Automating as much as possible so that life gets easier!
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of SQL Server architecture and administration.
Kevin Kline has been a Microsoft SQL Server MVP since 2004 and is a noted leader in the SQL Server industry. His product designs have won multiple "Best of TechEd" and "Readers' Choice" awards. He is a founding board member and former president of PASS - The Professional Association for SQL Server. He has written or co-written eleven books including the best-selling SQL in a Nutshell. Kevin contributes monthly columns to SQL Server Pro and DBTA magazines. Kevin is also a top-rated speaker at conferences worldwide such as Microsoft TechEd, the PASS Summit, DevTeach, Oracle OpenWorld, and SQL Connections. He tweets via @kekline and blogs at KevinEKline.com.
When & Where
SQL Saturday Silicon Valley 2013
SQLSaturday is a free one-day training event on February 23, 2013.
Learn more and register