JOIN GOVERNMENT & BUSINESS LEADERS ON JANUARY 29!
Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data & Enabling Trust
Attend the 2013 Data Privacy & Data Protection Town Hall meeting and hear from national experts in privacy, public-policy, data stewardship, legal and law enforcement. Network and connect with federal and local government leaders and businesses to learn about best practices, big-data, self-regulation and data incident loss preparation.
Learn from law enforcement how you can help counter cybercriminals and preserve valuable forensic data, while protecting your company’s brand reputation. Keep your brand from being in the headlines and joining the ranks of T.J.Max, Zappos, Michaels Stores, Global Payments, Wyndham Hotels and others. (see panel overviews)
Register Today - Seating is limited. OTA and BBB members who pre-register can save an additional $10 by with member discount code. Accredited press may register at no-charge and arrange for speaker interviews by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Genie Barton, Vice President & Director, Council of Better Business Bureaus
- Deborah Marrone Assistant Regional Director, Federal Trade Commission
- Milan Patel, Special Agent, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Tim Rohrbaugh, Chief Information Security Officer, Intersections / Identity Guard
- Clark Russell, Esq., Assistant Attorney General, Internet Bureau, NY Office of the Attorney General
- Craig Spiezle, Executive Director & President, Online Trust Alliance
- Jacqueline Wagner, Managing Director, Data Protection & Privacy, PwC
- Sal Tripi, Assistant VP, Publishers Clearing House; Chairman OTA
- Raymond Umerley, VP of Product Security Development, Pitney Bowes
- Gain an understanding of the evolving role and definition of privacy.
- Discover best practices that will help protect your brand and data from abuse.
- Understand the evolving regulatory framework in the US, Canada & EU.
- Gain insights into Do Not Track
- Learn the essentials of data forensics & how to work with law enforcement.
- Enhance trust & confidence for your customers and brands.
- Qualifies for 3, IAPP credits
Who Should Attend - Any organization including businesses, governmental agencies and non-profits that collect customer and employee data or retain business confidential data. A must attend for online marketers, public policy and privacy professionals, ecommerce sites and interactive advertisers.
The Wild West - Convergence of Big Data, Innovation & Privacy - This panel will explore key issues as they relate to consumer control of data that is collected, used and shared. Speakers will discuss the evolving definition of privacy, data stewardship, demands for consumer control and best practices for self-regulation. Speakers will provide an update on evolving legislation, mobile platforms and COPPA (Children’s Privacy).
Data Protection & Breach Response - Since 2005 over 605 million records have been compromised reflecting losses in public health, academia government and the private sector. According to leading research, upwards of 90% of all breaches could be prevented with adherence of best practices. Panelists will share key challenges and steps to enhance data and brand protection. This session will review highlights of the OTA 2013 Data Protection and Incident Response Guide and provide actionable advice to better protect your data including best practices in customer notifications, identity theft remediation, forensics and working with law enforcement.
About Data Privacy Day - The theme for Data Privacy Day is Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data and Enabling Trust. Data Privacy Day began in the United States and Canada in January 2008 as an extension of the Data Protection Day celebration in Europe. The Day commemorates the 1981 signing of Convention 108 – the first legally binding international treaty dealing with privacy and data protection. Data Privacy Day is a celebration for everyone and an effort to empower people to protect their privacy, control their digital footprint and escalate the protection of data privacy as everyone’s priority.
More Information - Email email@example.com or call 425-455-7400.
Day of event call 571-426-2422. For directions to Baruch College call 646-312-1442.
*Speakers subject to change without notice.
When & Where
The Online Trust Alliance (OTA)
OTA is a 501c3 IRS approved non-profit orginzation with the mission to enhance online trust, while promoting innovation and the vitality of the internet. Founded in 2004, OTA’s goal is to help educate businesses, policy makers and stakeholders while developing and advancing best practices and tools to enhance the protection of users' security, privacy and identity. OTA supports collaborative public-private partnerships, benchmark reporting, meaningful self-regulation and data stewardship. https://otalliance.org